Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manitoba Apparatus
(01-03-2022, 11:29 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 07:28 PM)chief60 Wrote: Saw two new rescue squads at Pierce getting ready for delivery.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in person. I'm hoping they going into service next month, once they do ill be sure to get picture of at least one, if not both of them.

They were nice, I got to check them out a little bit. Are these new or does Winnipeg have rescues squads?
(01-04-2022, 10:44 PM)chief60 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 11:29 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 07:28 PM)chief60 Wrote: Saw two new rescue squads at Pierce getting ready for delivery.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in person. I'm hoping they going into service next month, once they do ill be sure to get picture of at least one, if not both of them.

They were nice, I got to check them out a little bit. Are these new or does Winnipeg have rescues squads?

Winnipeg has 7 rescues, two heavy rescues (one at station 11 the technical rescue hall, and one at station 9 the primary hazmat hall), the other 5 are rescue engines. the two new ones that are coming from Pierce will go to 11 and 8 (its sorta the "support" rescue, they have the drone as well as other basic tech gear and will usually respond to most water and tech rescues anyways) and 9 will get 8's old rescue engine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wpgfirebuff411's post:
  • chief60
Winnipeg Rehab 7. This truck is a 1984 GMC 6000 with a body that was most likely built in-house. it originally started as a Command unit and was painted all white. designed F603 it was originally stationed at station 13, then moved to station 10. in 2012 it was decided to be refitted into a rehab unit, this was also the time when the department was switching colour schemes from the normal white over red to the current scheme of black over red so this truck had the designation of being the second truck in the fleet to get the new colours. during the refit LED lights and a few other features were added. this truck is the only vehicle in the city fleet to be propane-fueled. unfortunately due to its age and mechanical condition if temperatures drop below ~ -35 (when it's most needed) it cant be brought out. this unit is only written into the response protocols for grass fires but it's special requested to a lot of fires during extreme weather. this picture was taken at a large defensive fire in February where temperatures hovered around the -35 to -40 mark.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Winnipeg MB new Heavy Rescue support trailer. A 2021 CargoMate Blazer 24' trailer. This trailer carries all the Trench rescue equipment, Trench/building collapse shoring, as well as the extra confined space, and heavy/specilized rescue gear. this replaced a 1993 skola/shops build 8' open air trailer that carried a small supply of trench shoring. This trailer is a massive upgrade to the departments Collapse and Trench rescue capabilities. It is currently stored at the departments academy and is pulled by the departments service truck but they are looking into purchasing a dedicated tow vehicle.

Winnipeg's new Hazmat 9, a 2021 International HV607 / SVI 30' Hazmat. This truck is the primary hazmat piece for Winnipeg and carries the bulk of the department's detection gear, hazmat suits, containment gear, as well as features the lab for chemical identification. It replaced a 1996 Pierce Lance/Fort Garry Hazmat which was significantly smaller. This truck is a beast measuring over 13 feet tall, it has 3 slide-out compartments, a camera mast, as well as lots of modern-day equipment. It's so big that station 2, and station 9's apparatus and crews were switched as station 9 is too small to house this truck.

[-] The following 1 user Likes wpgfirebuff411's post:
  • Neil Huss
La Broqueries new unit 5. This truck is a 2023 Freightliner M2-106 chassis built out by Green Acres. Features a 1250 GPM pump and a 1000-gallon tank. The truck has a top-mount enclosed pump (very common around here) with 5 SCBA seats. This truck was placed into service in June of 2023.