Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manitoba Apparatus
Winnipeg MB Brand New Engine 101. In service as of yesterday (May 5th, 2021). Winnipeg has purchased 10 of these Pierce engines so far and 2 rescues. So far only 5 have been delivered. The new pumpers are 2020 Pierce Enforcers, they have 1750 GPM pumps, 500 Gals of water, and 30 gals of foam. These are the first all Pierce trucks Winnipeg has purchased.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Winnipeg MB Brand New Engine 103. 2021 Pierce Enforcer pumper with a 1750 GPM pump, 500 Gal water tank, 30 gal foam tank.

Winnipeg MB Squad 101 (Spare). 2001 E\-One Typhoon/Superior pumper with a 1050 GPM pump, 800 Gal water, and 30 gal foam. these trucks are staffed by 2 firefighter-paramedics and respond primarily to medical calls in the core of the city. The city has 3 of these trucks in service and they respond to nearly 6000 calls a year each. usually, they run in converted high-top ford cargo vans.

Winnipeg MB water rescue 3 seen here at a water rescue last May. Water Rescue 3 and its twin Water Rescue 23 are both 2017 Freightliner M2 with their boxes built by Fort Garry Fire trucks. these trucks feature a heated compartment behind the cab for the 2 crew members to change into the dry suits while there responding. this truck is also very unique because the inflated zodiac boat is stored on a slide-out tray in the back of the truck.

(05-12-2021, 04:11 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote: Winnipeg MB water rescue 3 seen here at a water rescue last May. Water Rescue 3 and its twin Water Rescue 23 are both 2017 Freightliner M2 with their boxes built by Fort Garry Fire trucks. these trucks feature a heated compartment behind the cab for the 2 crew members to change into the dry suits while there responding. this truck is also very unique because the inflated zodiac boat is stored on a slide-out tray in the back of the truck.
How are these units staffed?
Nice photos, looking forward to seeing more Winnipeg and Manitoba rigs
(05-13-2021, 07:13 PM)chief60 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 04:11 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote: Winnipeg MB water rescue 3 seen here at a water rescue last May. Water Rescue 3 and its twin Water Rescue 23 are both 2017 Freightliner M2 with their boxes built by Fort Garry Fire trucks. these trucks feature a heated compartment behind the cab for the 2 crew members to change into the dry suits while there responding. this truck is also very unique because the inflated zodiac boat is stored on a slide-out tray in the back of the truck.
How are these units staffed?
these units are cross staffed with the engine companies there with. so Water Rescue 3 is staffed engine 3 and Water Rescue 23 is Staffed by Engine 23. all our Engines are staffed with 4 Firefighters (Engineer, Officer, Branch man, and Hydrant man), Same riding positions in the water rescue as well so officer and Engineer in the front Branch man, and Hydrant man in the back getting ready to make the grab. 
Onanole MB Trailer units. This trailer carries their 4x4 UTV as well as misc. rescue and brush fire equipment. I believe this is a 2019 Interstate 1 trailer. This (including the UTV inside) is the only unit they have that doesn't match their lime green colour scheme.

Onanole MB RIV unit. This truck is a 2016 Ford F-550 Chassis with the body built by Green Acres (A local Hutterite fire truck manufacture mostly specializing in brushes and tankers). It sports a 275 GPM pump, a 400-gallon water tank, and a 20-gallon foam cell. This unit is both the rescue truck and brush unit for this department. It replaced a small 1980s GMC brush truck (called the mosquito) and a 1980s GMC cube van rescue. This truck is also used to pull the trailer I posted yesterday.

Winnipeg MB brand new Water Rescue 131. this is a 2020/21 Stanley 22' Landing craft style boat. it replaced a 2004 Harbour Guard fireboat with a 1250 pump that partially sunk in 2010 and was plagued with problems since. This boat does not have a pump on board for fire suppression and is cross-staffed by Engine 13.

Winnipeg Engine 11 running with a spare. This is a 2008 E\-One Typhoon with the body build by Fort Garry. it has a 1750 GPM pump, 600 gallons of water, and 20 gallons of foam. 11 of these truck were purchased and only 5 of these are still in front line service the other 6 are all in the spare fleet.

BRAND NEW Winnipeg Rescue 4. I happened to stumble upon this truck on my way out of town as it was being outfitted by a company. this truck is not yet in service but is the first from the second batch of the trucks to arrive from Pierce. this is the same type of truck as the first batch of engines, 2021 Pierce Enforcer Rescue engine body with a 1750 GPM pump, 500 Gallons, and a 40 gallons foam cell. this will replace a 2018 Spartan/Fort garry rescue engine.

Winnipeg MB Tanker 23. 2017 Freightliner M2-112/Green Acres (420PP, 3500). This is one of two tankers Winnipeg has, with a second near-identical one located at station 22.

[-] The following 1 user Likes wpgfirebuff411's post:
  • chief60
Winnipeg MB "Service Truck". It's a 2017 International Workstar with the body built by Grainmaster and a HIAB 125 crane. this truck is a real multipurpose truck. It is used by the mechanical division to work on trucks, it is used to carry equipment to halls, it's used to support trench rescue operations, it pulls the spare decon trailer and does any other odd task that it's needed for. this truck was purchased to replace the old service truck, a simple open commercial truck from the 80s and the old trench rescue truck a converted Bronto aerial that had its aerial device replaced with a crane and made into a flatbed to haul the equipment. I took this picture the day after a brutal new years eve apartment fire in -30C temperatures which resulted in the building being a total loss and 4 apparatus (3 ladders, and a rescue) having to be towed away. it attended the fire to bring two mechanics to the scene and to remove frozen hose that was unpackable to be defrosted at the mechanical divison.

Saw two new rescue squads at Pierce getting ready for delivery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chief60's post:
  • wpgfirebuff411
(01-03-2022, 07:28 PM)chief60 Wrote: Saw two new rescue squads at Pierce getting ready for delivery.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in person. I'm hoping they going into service next month, once they do ill be sure to get picture of at least one, if not both of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wpgfirebuff411's post:
  • chief60
(01-03-2022, 04:35 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote: the old trench rescue truck a converted Bronto aerial that had its aerial device replaced with a crane and made into a flatbed to haul the equipment

Would you by chance have a photo of the converted Bronto aerial?
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
(01-04-2022, 01:31 AM)Bob-Ont Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 04:35 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote: the old trench rescue truck a converted Bronto aerial that had its aerial device replaced with a crane and made into a flatbed to haul the equipment

Unfortunately all the pics I’ve seen of it are obstructed in some way. The truck was a 1983 White Xpeditor /King Seagrave Bronto with a 85’ Snorkel on it. It was removed in 2002 and replaced with a 125 HIAB crane.
First picture I have of it from an unknown photographer but you can see some of it.

(01-04-2022, 04:42 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote:

Unfortunately all the pics I’ve seen of it are obstructed in some way. The truck was a 1983 White Xpeditor /King Seagrave Bronto with a 85’ Snorkel on it. It was removed in 2002 and replaced with a 125 HIAB crane.
First picture I have of it from an unknown photographer but you can see some of it.
The second picture I have of it it’s unfortunately obstructed by cars. This is a screenshot from a video captured by Radu Popescu.

(01-04-2022, 04:46 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 04:42 PM)wpgfirebuff411 Wrote:

The second picture I have of it it’s unfortunately obstructed by cars. This is a screenshot from a video captured by Radu Popescu.
Last picture I have of it is from when it was still “Bronto 1” before being refitted.
Picture by Juergen Kiefer.