Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!
So I was just perusing ebay and came across this listing:

which kind of looked familiar.  A review of Firepics found this post:  https://www.firepics.net/MyBB/showthread.php?tid=2087&pid=213252#pid213252

So I sent a message asking for photo credit-figured I could get the site some exposure.  Here was the reply:

So, now this person who is using my photo to sell a product is automatically assuming I am looking for money and has the audacity to demand proof that the photo is mine?  The request for photo credit was withdrawn and a demand for the photo to be removed immediately was made.  I may be a jerk in my demand, but WTF?
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
That's messed up!
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
That's not asking too much. I would pursue the matter and take up the challenge on a matter of principle.
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
He responded almost immediately to my first message. I waited 8 hours and the photo was not removed, so I have filed an intellectual copyright violation with ebay.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Went through the long process of filing the ebay form on Friday, got an email today telling me they were looking into it and to be patient because it could be a long process.

Not sure what happened, but the auction has been taken down without any trace, so I think that was ebay's doing, not the seller's.

A win is a win.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net