Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston EMS
Came into work last night to find this waiting for me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I assume thats a brand new rig.
[quote name='Lime Guy' post='3177' date='Jul 4 2006, 09:00 ']I assume thats a brand new rig.[/quote]

Nope, a hand-me-down. The truck we were supposed to get came through with an "experimental" suspension, and the Deputy in charge of Fleet Services wanted it to go to a truck with higher call volume than we have, so it went to A13, and we got 13's old truck with 22,000 miles on it. It's a "Braun II" withthe limited compartment space. Seeing the attention to detail we put into our old truck, it was a dissappointment and morale buster to say the least.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='edburke' post='3178' date='Jul 4 2006, 06:12 ']Nope, a hand-me-down. The truck we were supposed to get came through with an "experimental" suspension, and the Deputy in charge of Fleet Services wanted it to go to a truck with higher call volume than we have, so it went to A13, and we got 13's old truck with 22,000 miles on it. It's a "Braun II" withthe limited compartment space. Seeing the attention to detail we put into our old truck, it was a dissappointment and morale buster to say the least.[/quote]

Mr. Burke, If you could let us know how the suspension works out for you on your truck and the brand new ambulance if you hear. My department has an 04 chevy and it rides like a Sherman tank. We bounce of the ceiling on the smallest of bumps. Was kinda wondering if GM had fixed the obvious problem or if the suspension in these rigs still rides like crap. Thanks!
Is it me or do those tires look really small on the rig?

Just looks like they are a few sizes too small for a rig of that size...
[quote name='mesquite5010' post='3312' date='Jul 4 2006, 13:50 ']Mr. Burke, If you could let us know how the suspension works out for you on your truck and the brand new ambulance if you hear. My department has an 04 chevy and it rides like a Sherman tank. We bounce of the ceiling on the smallest of bumps. Was kinda wondering if GM had fixed the obvious problem or if the suspension in these rigs still rides like crap. Thanks![/quote]

It was a tapered leaf suspension, and from what I heard this morning, it's not getting positive reviews.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Ambulance 2, A 2005 GMC/Braun.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ambulance 27, A 2003 GMC/Braun.

Attached Files Image(s)

Special Operations Suburban and flat trailer.

Attached Files Image(s)

BEMS Spe-Ops skatebed a Chevy 2500?.

Attached Files Image(s)

BEMS new spe-ops truck a 2006 GMC/Braun. Dept. Homeland Security funded. Mr. Burke do you know why there are 8 cities/towns listed on the side of this unit? (Boston/Brookline/Cambridge/Chelsea/Everett/Quincy/Revere/Somerville/Winthrop)
Spe-Ops HAZ-MAT trailer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Spe-Ops Bicycle Defibrillation Team trailer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Spe-Ops Technical Support trailer.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='MiltonBradley' post='3734' date='Jul 4 2006, 23:59 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=623]BEMS new spe-ops truck a 2006 GMC/Braun. Dept. Homeland Security funded. Mr. Burke do you know why there are 8 cities/towns listed on the side of this unit? (Boston/Brookline/Cambridge/Chelsea/Everett/Quincy/Revere/Somerville/Winthrop)[/quote]

Those are the communities that make up the Metro Boston Homeland Security Region.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Great stuff. I assume Milton you were Hannity on the old board
[quote name='MiltonBradley' post='3736' date='Jul 5 2006, 00:01 ']Spe-Ops Bicycle Defibrillation Team trailer.[/quote]

I've heard of adjusting the calipers and derailleurs, but I have never defibrillated a bicycle!
It looks like the LED Unit indicators on the top driver side have been scrapped on the new Brauns? Anybody know how come. The new special ops truck looks pretty nice.
Medic 43
[quote name='Medic 43' post='4130' date='Jul 5 2006, 17:55 ']It looks like the LED Unit indicators on the top driver side have been scrapped on the new Brauns? Anybody know how come. The new special ops truck looks pretty nice.[/quote]

The state office of EMS disapproved of them.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='Lime Guy' post='3865' date='Jul 5 2006, 07:56 ']Great stuff. I assume Milton you were Hannity on the old board[/quote]

Yes i am, lol, i wonder who you could be????