Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Terry's Tid Bits II
[quote name='dawson_fire' post='44807' date='Oct 18 2006, 23:24 ']This little guy is the LUF 60 self propelled remote controled firefighting vehicle that can be guided into places such as tunnels and apply water and foam and well as having a camera on board. Asking price is around

$ 200,000 I'm told.

Terry[/quote]

Singer recently sold several of these to departments in the Tidewater, Virginia area for response into many of the tunnels there. They're reportedly strong enough to go through or over Jersey walls and move vehicles out of the way...
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
That Glen Moore rig is to DIE for.

Anyone have infor on this publicantion. Is it any good?

Fire Apparatus and Emergency Equipment News Magazine

What do the Amish do for fire protection? Do non Amish run the apparatus as the Amish can't drive?
Hampton,Pa. took delivery of this Sutphen pumper this past Spring.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Singer recently sold several of these to departments in the Tidewater, Virginia area for response into many of the tunnels there. They're reportedly strong enough to go through or over Jersey walls and move vehicles out of the way...

It looked like a tough little booger to me !!!

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
What do the Amish do for fire protection? Do non Amish run the apparatus as the Amish can't drive?

[/quote]

I believe some of them can and do drive apparatus as they would not be able to wear SCBA.

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
[quote name='Lime Guy' post='44812' date='Oct 18 2006, 23:29 ']That Glen Moore rig is to DIE for.

Anyone have infor on this publicantion. Is it any good?

Fire Apparatus and Emergency Equipment News Magazine

What do the Amish do for fire protection? Do non Amish run the apparatus as the Amish can't drive?[/quote]

That's the old Firetec Magazine. I've had a subscription to it for the past couple years. It's not to bad. It deals with mostly apparatus and what's going on in the apparatus industry as well as seveal pages of new delivery pics.

There was a story a year or so ago in National Fire & Rescue magazine about an Amish dept somewhere in Pennsylvania. I don't have it handy at this time, as it's boxed up reay for our move in a few months. Otherwise, I'd get the info for ya Slimer.
Nice pictures Terry! Thanks for posting.

Mark
what dose the luf stand for?
Terry,

Info on the Glen Moore rig:

2006 Pierce Enforcer, 4-door six man cab, 1750/750/50A, Cat C9, 400HP, automatic, 16” raised roof, TAK-4 independent front suspension, Side Roll protection, stainless steel body, rescue-style body, 15 KW Harrison hydraulic generator, Hercules CAFS system, ladder tunnel, painted rollup doors, Federal Q, purchased from Glick Fire Equipment, Bird-In-Hand. Delivered 6/7/06. Placed into service on 10/16/06. Responded to it’s first working job the next day on a assist to Lionville FC on East Township Line Road for a dwelling.

Terry - could you send me a shot of the Bowmansville rig ?

www.BA000049@aol.com

Many thanks,

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
[quote name='gbird' post='44890' date='Oct 19 2006, 18:39 ']what dose the luf stand for?[/quote]

These system comes from Austria and LUF means "Loesch-Unterstuetzungs-Fahrzeug" in english "firefighting support vehicle". The system is simply a snowgun. Many of these are in Austria and Switzerland in service. In Germany the same vehicle is used by the Hamburg FD. Munich has two of these with bigger capacity on truck chassis installed.

Juergen Hass
[quote name='dawson_fire' post='44822' date='Oct 19 2006, 02:46 ']What do the Amish do for fire protection? Do non Amish run the apparatus as the Amish can't drive?

I believe some of them can and do drive apparatus as they would not be able to wear SCBA.

Terry[/quote]

Amish do run and Drive fire apparatus, and become officers, and pack up (I don't know the extent of this because of the beard issues)

Posted on this thread from Lancaster County PA Christiana (post #43), and Bart Twp www.bart51.com Station 51 have many Amish members.

My station West Grove in Chester County is about 17 miles from Bart. Bart often covers up out station when we are at extended Jobs. These Firemen are friendly and decent people. I appreciate the fact that there help is very valuable to the comunity. I was struck with sadness when I heard of the school shootings this month, knowing that a few of the fire fighters are related to the girls that were killed. Also nieghboring Fire companies such as Concronville (Chester County) and Christiana (Lancaster County) also have Amish fire fighters and they were related to the victims as well. The area is a small community with strong community values.
Red Lion,Pa. runs this Simon-Duplex/Saulsbury pumper.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Tri County Fire Co. of NJ showed off their 2006 Seagrave Maurader II at the fire expo.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Crozet,Va. runs this Pierce Lance(no other info).

terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Baltimore,Md.engine 4 runs this Pierce Enforcer.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
I believe this is 1955 Maxim in this interesting red/black paint scheme,correct me if I'm wrong.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Espy, Pa. runs this 2004 Pierce Dash 2000gpm 105'aerial job# 15718.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
[quote name='dawson_fire' post='48158' date='Nov 1 2006, 00:12 ']I believe this is 1955 Maxim in this interesting red/black paint scheme,correct me if I'm wrong.

Terry[/quote]

Terry,

This was originally Dunn Loring, Virginia's (Fairfax County Station 13) 1955 Maxim model 1417 750/500. It was originally painted red and purchased for $17,593. It was donated to Fairview Beach, Virginia in 1974. In 1979, it was sold to White Stone, Virginia and painted all white. In 1998, it went to a collector. It eventually was repainted to the black and red in approximately 2002.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Sorry that it has been awhile but that's the way it is when you can't keep your eyes open.I believe that Colwyn,Pa. traded this Sanford (?) with 54' squirt in on a new Pierce.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Kennett,Pa. bought 2 of these HME/Rosenbauer pumpers with European style compartments.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787