Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Terry's Tid Bits II
Hey everyone !!!

I have been trying to get this started for several days and finally have a couple of minutes so I'm going to start this thread like before of everything I find in travels.

Here's Glen Moore,Pa.'s Pierce Enforcer 1750 gpm pumper.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Willow Fire Co. of Lancaster County Pa. runs this Simon-Duplex/Saulsbury engine.Not a bad shot for a rainy day !

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Bethany Beach,De. recently took delivery of this 2006 Pierce Dash 100' Sky-Arm with 2000gpm and job# 17115.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
This ALF 100' mid mount was sitting along the highway in Delaware and was lettered for Lackawanna Fire Co.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
St. Leonard,Md. runs this 1999 Pierce Saber 1250 gpm and carries job# ED-392.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
[quote name='dawson_fire' post='36754' date='Sep 25 2006, 00:29 ']Bethany Beach,De. recently took delivery of this 2006 Pierce Dash 100' Sky-Arm with 2000gpm and job# 17115.

Terry[/quote]

Actually, according to the Sept issue of Fire Apparatus and Emergency Equipment News Magazine, they bought this used from another dept. I seem to recall seeing a pic of it posted on the yahoogroup a while back. I'll check my files and see if I can find the info on it about who the previous owner was.
Ok, my bad! LOL I got it confused with this one. Credit to the original photographer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:This ALF 100' mid mount was sitting along the highway in Delaware and was lettered for Lackawanna Fire Co.

Lackawanna Fire Department

Lackawanna, NY

This rig is a dead ringer for the 1968 ALF that served Dunkirk, NY from 1968-1991. I don't recall Lackawanna having one back in the day, they ran a Snorkel. It's possible that they bought the old Dunkirk ladder for a reserve.
Bethany Beach bought both units new,the Sky -Arm posted took the place of another Sky -Arm that they had numerous problems with and Pierce thought that the newer electronics would take care of most of the problems,they have no complants so far.After delivery of the original Sky-Arm the department saw the need for a smaller aerial and then bought the 75' quint.

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
The Neptune Fire Co. of Richland,Pa. runs this Volvo FE42/Saulsbury squad.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Here's a shot of 5 Pierce Enforcers going to New Mexico shot at Pierce this past summer.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Last for tonight is this 2006 Pierce Dash 1500gpm 105' quint for New Oxford,Pa.job# 18281 that I shot earlier today at Glick's.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Nice pics, why does Bethany Beach quint 70's aerial sit so high above the roof?
[color="#000099"]Brian[/color]
[quote name='dawson_fire' post='37087' date='Sep 25 2006, 23:46 ']Bethany Beach bought both units new,the Sky -Arm posted took the place of another Sky -Arm that they had numerous problems with and Pierce thought that the newer electronics would take care of most of the problems,they have no complants so far.After delivery of the original Sky-Arm the department saw the need for a smaller aerial and then bought the 75' quint.

Terry[/quote]

thanks for the clarification Terry! It helpa a lot!

Matt
[quote name='RI EMT' post='37107' date='Sep 26 2006, 01:07 ']Nice pics, why does Bethany Beach quint 70's aerial sit so high above the roof?[/quote]

Looks like it's to clear the tank access on the top of the body behind the pump panel.
I know that the truck is a "Side stacker" and it may have been to make the compartments a little bigger,every inch counts!!!

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Tonight I'll start off with Wrightsville,Pa.'s 1995 Seagrave 1500gpm 1000gal 30 foam.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Wrightsville also runs this Ford quick response unit(no other info).

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Their newest engine was spec'd out by the Oxon Hill,Md. volunteers but they could not secure funding for the truck and it was then sold to Wrightsville.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Here's the other side of the truck which has a 1250gpm 500gal tank.The 2005 rig carries job# 78C46 and I think this was my best shot of the day!

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787