Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMS Today - 2009
The main catch with the M series is right now Whelen only offers the LED load lights so if you want everthing to match you have to pay for it. I do like the almost unlimted number of flash patterns for each light head.
[quote name='FirePix1075' post='296425' date='Apr 12 2009, 00:38 ']Mecklenberg, NC EMS mass casualty unit[/quote]

MEDIC has two of these, its too bad they don't have the personnel to staff it though.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
[quote name='Kris' post='296607' date='Apr 12 2009, 17:55 ']Will be intreesting to see the future of ambulance chassis next year when the new emissions come around. I wonder how quicky we will go from diesel to gas? From my perspective it seems like it might be a 40% gas 60% diesel next year for my customers. If the gas engines hold up I'm sure that number will shoot up to 80% gas within 3-4 years.

Kris[/quote]

Well, Ford's dumping the Diesel engine for the E-series ambulance prep package....was that played up at the show this year? Any ambulances gas?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[quote name='TacSupport1' post='296888' date='Apr 13 2009, 16:30 ']Well, Ford's dumping the Diesel engine for the E-series ambulance prep package....was that played up at the show this year? Any ambulances gas?[/quote]

I don't know since I was not at the show. But we've talked that up for sometime now in Michigan. I know Bruan has sold several gas powered Chevy's in Canada. Not sure about any for the US though. I know of at least 5 gas remounts in the past year, so it's already started. Once that new diesel price comes out, I think defections to gas will be fast and furious.

By the way anyone know of expereinces with the Chevy C-4500 gas powered truck? I know the Vortec gas has more HP than the diesel.

Kris
[quote name='FirePix1075' post='296434' date='Apr 12 2009, 01:03 ']Last shot, a Sterling/Braun demo[/quote]

Kris, not sure who you are but i take it that you work or sale for Braun. The Sterling is a very nice driving and ride'n truck. Took it out for a test drive one night when it was in our station on loan from 1st class fire. There are some things that need to be cleaned up for fit and finish but it's still a good looking truck. And yes it's going to have some miles on it when you get it.
He works for Lifestar. The largest Braun dealer. Right across the street from Braun in Van Wert OH.