Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Firehouses
Quote:Station 14 looks great.  Maybe now that they've got a long enough bay they can rip off Portland, buy a tractor drawn rescue, and dump Ladder 7 altogether.

I think a tractor drawn rescue would serve them well, but I don't see too many instances where a Portland FD type crane arrangement would

be too useful,  besides being another thing in the way to block the tillerman's view.  JMO.

A new TDA addition seems to be in the near future for station 14, and it will be difficult for the members to let go of their

memorial rig.  The current Ladder 7, a 1995 Simon Duplex LTI rear mount, was dedicated to the memory of  Firefighter James Brown, who at 25, was the

youngest of four firefighters to make the supreme sacrifice at the 1995 Pang Warehouse fire.

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:What will happen to the old classic Station 6?  Please tell me they won't tear it down!
The day that the units moved out, the Police moved their parking inforcement scooters in.  It will be a temporary location for them as their building is renovated.
Staion 14 is ready enough for the companies to start moving back in this week.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A view of the rear.

Station 14 must have been fast-tracked. Took much less time than some of the other existing structure rebuild/seismic upgrade projects. Looks like it turned out great!

That place is amazing looking!

Quote:Station 14 must have been fast-tracked. Took much less time than some of the other existing structure rebuild/seismic upgrade projects. Looks like it turned out great!
Dave, you know how many times this project has been put on hold.  I think the contractor had time to lay out an effective plan of attack and did a great job.
Quote:Station 14 looks great.  Maybe now that they've got a long enough bay they can rip off Portland, buy a tractor drawn rescue, and dump Ladder 7 altogether.

The new Ladder 7 is now being worked by Pierce.  As far as I know it's going to be the same design as the other TDA's.
The site of new station 20, in Seattle's Interbay neighborhood is finally being cleared out.

Station 9's new house is almost completed, with the "Ever Ready Cat" about to pounce.

Two other stations are undergoing seismic upgrades.  On Capital Hill, Station 25, the fan unit truck has been relocated to E30 and the spare ladder truck has moved to another location.

At station 24 a seismic upgrade activity has caused the relocation of AIR 240 to station 35.  E24 still responds from this station but the fire fighters are living out of a portable that is parked on the rear lot.

Love the progress, thanks for the pics. Station 9 looks great!

Engine 9 has moved into it's new station

The "Ever-Ready Cat" is mounted above a wall with brickwork depicting the way the Freemont neighborhood pull boxes would tap out their identity when activated.

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 8 and Ladder 6, parked inside their temporary tent atop Seattle's Queen Ann Hill

As finishing touches are applied to their newly renovated station

Along with the seismic upgrade the station walls were pushed out on the east side, front, and one bay was elongated to accomodate a TDA.

A tight squeeze around the water tank.