Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Firehouses
I'm not sure the current status of all of these firehouses, but they were all active when I visited in May 2005. At the time, Seattle had a pretty aggressive remodeling/replacement plan in place for their department, but I am not sure what stuck.

First up is station 02

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
station 05

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
station 09

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
station 10 (I believe this was replaced)

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
station 14

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
station 17

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
station 18

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
station 20 - sorry about the funky angle. I had the sun in my face and I only had one chance to shoot this station.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
station 38 - I love the look of this house

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
this is the last one that I have - station 41 - another cool looking art deco-esque station

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
Station 2 is being completely rebuilt using the existing stations structure. Station 5 was never included in any of the facilities upgrade information I've seen, saltwater fireboats are also at this location. Station 9 will be rebuilt on site. Station 10 was replaced with a beautiful palace. Station 14 is built on in-fill from the old Denny Regrade about 90 years ago and there were concerns about soil stability. I've read that they will build new apparatus bays to the rear of the existing station and rebuild the interior. Station 17 is being rebuilt on existing site with addition of the lot to the west I believe. Station 18 might just be getting the seismic upgrade package along with interior updates, don't think they're rebuilding the entire station. Station 20 will be moved to a location about 3.5 blocks (or so) to the southwest. Station 38 is getting a new 2-bay facility at a location a couple of blocks to the east I believe. Station 41 was redone on site and I believe it was recently finished while retaining much of the original stations character.
I agree with ya, I like the looks of the last two stations. Station 9 looks like a house with over sized garage doors lol...
Kory Green

Captain

Dresden Fire Department

Training Officer

Martin Fire Department
I read an article online that said the city was complaining about the cost of rebuilding the 2 story houses with poles because the pole was an additional 150k. I think it was about a new station 10 ?? Anyway are they going to keep the houses that are 2 stories that way when they rebuild or going 1 story ? thanks in advance Erik
Those are some really cool looking stations.
please visit my website at www.karlsfirephotos.smugmug.com
Good pictures. I visited Seattle on a business trip and stopped by fire alarm which

at that time (1966) was located under the space needle. The fire alarm operators

made a call and I was taken out to visit the Last Resort Fire Department and they

had a collection of antique apparatus that was top shelf. I don't know if that museum

is still in operation, however, it was really something to see. I would say it was the

best private collection I have ever seen.

tHANKs
tHANKs
[quote name='rpcarlsen' date='16 February 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1266366614' post='364510']

station 20 - sorry about the funky angle. I had the sun in my face and I only had one chance to shoot this station.

[/quote]

I lived two blocks to the north of this station on the same street back in my grade-school days........I remember E20 used to be an old B model Mack pumper and saw it regularly on runs through the neighborhood.....what fond memories !!!
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
Was station 10 the irehouse in the show emergency that Roy and Johnny visited when they went up there to check out the medic 1 program? Looks like it.
Here's a shot of Fire Station 10's quarters located at Washington and 4th Avenue. The Emergency Operations Center, and the Fire Alarm Center moved in during the first quarter of 2008. The new Fire Station 10 was dedicated in May 2008, the following units are currently assigned. Engine 10, a 2007 E\-One Cyclone II, Ladder 1, a 2009 Pierce Arrow XT, dual tandom TDA. Both the new Pierce Haz Mat and the spare, Aid Unit 5, and a Battalion Cheif car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The station 14 seismic upgrade was delayed when it was discovered that the building was no longer fastened to the pilings. Project planning had to start all over

again. Because the building had reached Historic Status, the options to build or remodel were very limited. The latest plan submitted by the architect called for

reattaching the building to the pilings, and building a one story addition on the north side of the station to accommodate a single bay long enough to house the rescue

and ladder truck. The station currently houses the following units in order from left to right. Reserve Rescue 80, Ladder 7, Aid 14, and Rescue 1.

The Station 17 remodel with a large addition being added to the north east side of the building is behind schedule. The engine

and truck will respond out of the new apparatus bays, while the aid car and chief will respond from the old bays on N.E. 50th Street,

when the project is complete.