Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Firehouses
The new station has two double bays, only one of which will be a drive through.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next, a couple of shots from today.

The last one of 38's for now.

One month later, E38's new house is still in progress in this mid September shot. This most likly will be the next new house to be occupied since E37 moved into theirs yesterday.

Yesterday was move in day at Engine 37's house in West Seattle.

Great pics Bob. I'm really interested in Seattle and love seeing the progress being made.
Ok Dave. I wasn't going to post these because of all of the fencing and barriers around the site. It kind of hurts my eyes, but Station 30 is finally taking shape.

There won't be a drive through bay situation here because of the size and slope of the lot.

And another....

One more of Station 37's new house.

Thanks for the additions. Is 30's being built on the same site as the "old" 30?
[quote name='DaveYoung' date='09 October 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1286659644' post='406389']

Thanks for the additions. Is 30's being built on the same site as the "old" 30?

[/quote]

Yes, it's the same site as the old station. The temporary quarters are just around the corner.

[quote name='TransverseRoad' date='03 August 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1280884198' post='395997']

Thanks for the interest Taylor. Seattle has a few more stations in progress, with all new ones for 9's, 20's, 32's and 6's which haven't been started yet. Station 20 and 6 will each be built on a new site. Station 9 will reuse the same site for their new house. Station 32 is scheduled for a rebuild on the same site, but there has been some talk about building at a new location.

I'll start with some progress pics of station 38. Their present single bay house is shown in post #9.

[/quote]

I'm curious...where will 20's new station be built? As a small child, we lived in Seattle when my father was in the Navy and we lived just 3 blocks northt of 20's current station on 13th Ave. I remember seeing E20 headed on runs on a daily basis passing our house.....the memories I have from my childhood are what built my love for the FD today!!!
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
[quote name='Engine504Driver' date='10 October 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1286756175' post='406559']

I'm curious...where will 20's new station be built? As a small child, we lived in Seattle when my father was in the Navy and we lived just 3 blocks northt of 20's current station on 13th Ave. I remember seeing E20 headed on runs on a daily basis passing our house.....the memories I have from my childhood are what built my love for the FD today!!!

[/quote]

Here is a picture of the proposed site for the new station 20. The location is 2800 15th Ave West and West Armour Street, directly accross the street from the Interbay Golf Center driving range. As far as I know there have not been any announcements that the city has purchased these properties. This picture may be a year old but there hasn't been any new activity except that the two small store fronts are empty, and have for rent signs posted.

[quote name='TransverseRoad' date='11 October 2010 - 12:56 AM' timestamp='1286771793' post='406607']

Here is a picture of the proposed site for the new station 20. The location is 2800 15th Ave West and West Armour Street, directly accross the street from the Interbay Golf Center driving range. As far as I know there have not been any announcements that the city has purchased these properties. This picture may be a year old but there hasn't been any new activity except that the two small store fronts are empty, and have for rent signs posted.

[/quote]

Guess that's not too bad, only 3 or 4 blocks south and a couple of blocks west of the original location.....I know the houses packed in too tight to rebuild on the same location
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
Here is a view of the new station 38 taken earlier this month. Today is move in day and open house for the neighbors, so I'll try to get some pics in between the rain drops.

It's getting a lot closer to move in day at station 30. Since this photo was taken, much of the landscape work has been completed.

Station 21's new house on Greenwood Ave, is taking shape as the apparatus walls are going into place.

Well here is a photo from moving day at 38's new station where there was a momentary break in the rain. The Department web site was incorrect in that there wasn't an open house as the announcement stated. The open house will be on Dedication Day, Saturday, March 12th.

The architecture of the new (and old) Firehouses is very nice...glad to see that a City still promotes creativity and doesn't just build "cookie cutter" stations!