Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking the HUGE leap!
Looks like you got her at the best time before any real rust as set in! Congrats.
Quote:Frank B, on 04 September 2010 - 11:14 PM, said:

Jefferson PA 81 Hahn HCC-34-81

Rick Schumacher photo

Please take a passenger side photo!

It is HCP 15-89-5. I have all around photos just gotta get them loaded up.

Actually, it's both. HCC-34-81 is the chassis number. The whole rig is HCP-15-89-5. To decode, it is the 34th 1981 model chassis Hahn built and the 89th 1500 GPM Hahn Custom Pumper since the HCP designation began in 1973. The -5 indicates that it has a 500 gallon tank.
[quote name='1421Truck' date='17 September 2010 - 09:45 AM' timestamp='1284729932' post='403036']

Looks like you got her at the best time before any real rust as set in! Congrats.

[/quote]

Well I believe the rig was well taken care of for one, and by 1981 I think a lot of the bad steel was out of the fire apparatus industry. She is solid all around.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Here she is when she was in service at Jefferson Fire Company

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='truck1882' timestamp='1285284681' post='404134']

Well I believe the rig was well taken care of for one, and by 1981 I think a lot of the bad steel was out of the fire apparatus industry. She is solid all around.

[/quote]

My old company had a 1980 Hahn. The body was solid for the most part. The weak areas were the jump seat floor areas, and the rear compartment. Under the jumpseat floor was a channel to support the floor, but unfortunately it allowed dirt, road salt, and moisture to collect, and rot the floor from underneath. The rear was just a bad seal on the compartments. Other than that, Hahns were built great. with ours the harder we pushed her, the better she performed. Good Luck with this one, I for one am jealous.
Fletch laughs at me when i say i would love a Hahn....but this one is sweet. my old dept. had six over the years and they were tough trucks.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
This is a sad time for me.   I have to let her go.  I have never been able to come up with storage for her, so I hope I can find a good person who can take care of this rig.  I am on Facebook, or you can message me here.  I have many more photos I took recently of compartments and such.  I will post them shortly.

[Image: Enginesale19_zpscd04f7de.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale22_zps84039373.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale15_zps16161817.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale28_zpsd95b2d8d.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale5_zpsdfb80197.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale7_zps66cea88e.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale6_zpsaeaa3ebf.jpg]

Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: Enginesale3_zpsb582b1ed.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale1_zpsce1f5c42.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale2_zps3770ca6e.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale4_zps2fffa8ea.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale31_zpse81ec87c.jpg]

Extra radio equipment given to me by Jefferson Fire Company, when I saw them at Allentown, the year after I bought the truck.  They tell me that they have the gear racks for over the hose bed, which they where willing to give to me to restore it back to original.

[Image: Enginesale18_zps6782792d.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale17_zps6bd23713.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale16_zps3486bf31.jpg]

Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: Enginesale32_zps44a199e7.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale30_zps5e6b942b.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale29_zpsc99f11e4.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale21_zps82d6dad5.jpg]

Our fire company was gonna throw the cylinder away, but since it seemed age appropriate I got it from them.

Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: Enginesale10_zpsfac1fa32.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale9_zps06b3677d.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale8_zpsf3795e14.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale27_zpsa83e7906.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale26_zps6f40c134.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale25_zpsaacd9b81.jpg]

[Image: Enginesale24_zps32b2809d.jpg]

2 Akron Turbojet nozzles with 150' each 1 1/2" line.

[Image: Enginesale23_zpsa5ba8eb1.jpg]

Yes, the front intake is not connected.  Kratzerville had taken this off because of a several leak, I never had a chance to work on repairing it.

[Image: Enginesale11_zps809b2587.jpg]

Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Darin, bring it to the national SPAAMFAA muster in Camden NJ this weekend, Saturday August 3rd and put a for sale sign on it. This will be the biggest event of the year to target an audience to sell a truck at. I am contemplating doing the same for mine as well, althought I am not in as big of a hurry to sell mine as you probably are. You never know soemone may make an offer on it.

More info at CLAFAA.org

or if you are a member, put an ad on the SPAMFAA national website under the "apparatus for sale" section.

There are also numerous Facebook sites including "Used Fire Apparatus For sale" and a Hahn specific page. Put an ad on both or if you are not on Facebook, have a friend put it on for you.

Hell, send me the contact info and Ill put it on there for you!

Quote:or if you are a member, put an ad on the SPAMFAA national website under the "apparatus for sale" section.

There are also numerous Facebook sites including "Used Fire Apparatus For sale" and a Hahn specific page. Put an ad on both or if you are not on Facebook, have a friend put it on for you.

Hell, send me the contact info and Ill put it on there for you!

I already posted it on the Hahn page a couple months back, and didn't seem to get much notice.  I will be reposting there again, hopefully yet this afternoon.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Darin: hit them all: Hahn, Used Fire Trucks For Sale, and the SPAAMFAA Facebook sites. Craigslist as well!

Half of Spaamfaa's website including the classifieds, have been inaccessible to me for several months, are they also putting more effort in a facebook presence?
The page has its ups and downs. The SPAAMFAA's Facebook page is pretty active daily I would say although I am not sure if it is an officially sanctioned one or just something a member started and maintains.

Still for sale?  Asking price?  Aside from the front suction, mechanically ok?

Thanks,

Gary

Brother, dont lose spirit. I have to find a a place to store my open cab CF and know the situation. I have been looking at Craigslist, and classifeds in the local papers trying to find a spot. Hell, I'm looking for a closed up garage to store them in, and REALLY reaching looking to buy property with a barn big enough for a few rigs. I dont know how your parking situation is now, but I need to find a spot big enough for 2 Macks. If I can find a place bigger, the more the merrier, they say.

One drawback may be distance, which is a turn off. But as much as I can cover the rig with a tarp, I would rather keep it indoors. And even being a Mack guy, DCFD was running them when I got on the job, and when DCFD had issues like today, while those Hahns may have been held together with bubble gum and baling wire, they held their own and saved the DCFD , per se. Good Luck.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
i wish i had hot powerball last night........this old girl would have a good home today!!  (not saying you're not a good home Darin)

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)