Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1979 Chevrolet/Hamerly Junior Pumper
Paint prep work by my friends at Broyles Refinishers in West Chester PA, the only place big enough with an area to handle a truck this size. They had an ex-fireman who really got into working on this truck. Hope to be back there in the spring of 2012 to do the other side of the body after I save up over the winter!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice work! Thats a lot of lights on the rear bumper, is that how it was? I Love the interior! Nice touch with the vintage sirensSmile
Yes tailboard lights are as original. Some act as icc running lights and others act as a rear warning flash
Removal of failed original in-frame 1978 fuel tank. Note how Hamerly grounded the tank against the body with a piece of old fire hose!

That old fabric hose held there for over 30 years!

Attached Files Image(s)

how the replacement fuel tank was found "as is" in an Iowa junk yard

Attached Files Image(s)

and after refinishing it

[quote name='Chester911' timestamp='1325400209' post='469445']

Removal of failed original in-frame 1978 fuel tank. Note how Hamerly grounded the tank against the body with a piece of old fire hose!

That old fabric hose held there for over 30 years!

[/quote]

They did the same exact thing on ours. It literally sagged and almost fell out between the frame rails.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Wow gas tank looks good. Are you going to mount it on the passenger side then?
Already done. They didnt match the paint as much as I liked so its mounted for now and I will have it repainted correct later when we get enough money saved up to finish the rest of the paint work.
Took my truck back for phase II of the body and some minor exterior rust work at Broyles Refinishers in West Chester, PA. Here is a shot of the prep pre-paint work done this week. Lettering from doors and front bumper removed to prepare for orange refinish.

another view

here is one showing the left side body prepped for paint shoot tomorrow

Awesome! Your coming to Pump Primers, right?
Yes sir that will be the grand first outing for this truck. But dont look in my compartments. They wont be done for sure!
Tires removed for sandblasting and repainting of the Dayton wheels and rims. Also having the pump pit up top painted after the after-market mattydale box was removed.

Looks like someone stripped it!

hope to see it at the schuykill county muster in september also.
Almost done

All done! Dayton wheels and rims done, door lettering and old faded gold leaf striping removed, cab orange repainted, entire left side body repainted.

Door lettering to be done next year budget permitting with gold leaf accent stripe down side of truck.and Hamerly trade marks

Photos taken today on the way home just in time for fathers day at a local park before it was washed.

Damn, forgot to put the steamer and discharge caps on.

Attached Files Image(s)

Are you getting gold leaf deacals or real gold leaf???

decals......... possibly next year.............budget blown for the year