Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1979 Chevrolet/Hamerly Junior Pumper
I was advised tonight that I am the proud new owner of Thompsontown, PA (Juniata County) Fire Company's 1979 Chevrolet C65/Hamerly Junior Pumper. It has a 1,000 gpm Waterous pump with a 500 gallon tank and a corrosion-free fiberglass high-side rescue style compartment body complete with the Hamerly trademark orange and white "hockey stick" paint design. It is Hamerly serial #JP-II-1426 and has 14,000 original miles on it. It is a one-owner rig.

She is in excellent shape but needs just a tune up and state inspection. Unfortunatley she wont be home in time for this weekends Cradle of Liberty SPAAMFFA muster in Media, PA but will be next year for sure. This is my "first".

Here is an older photo of her from the Youngstownfire.com site photo credit to GA Dave.

For those that truly know me and know of my fascination with Hamerly, you know how happy I am!

Many Thanks to Cradle of Liberty President Bill Anderson for his assistance and knowledge.

Attached Files Image(s)

Congrats and Good Luck with it. We (Gibson Road Antique Fire Association) are holding our muster with the German American Firefighers on August 28th, in Warminster PA. Maybe you will be there.
Chester911,

Any idea if Thompsontown is replacing it, or just downsizing? They aren't more than 20 minutes from me, but I never knew they were selling the unit.
[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1311301484' post='449302']

Chester911,

Any idea if Thompsontown is replacing it, or just downsizing? They aren't more than 20 minutes from me, but I never knew they were selling the unit.

[/quote]

They apparently took delivery of something within the last year or two which pushed this truck outside due to space limitations. There is a small Ford F? crew cab JB Rescue sitting next to it that they use as a QRS that will be advertised for sale in the PA Fireman within the next month or so. No other replacement on order that I know of. Ill get the full tour next week and will inquire
Good luck with your new toy.

tHANKs
tHANKs
If you register it as an antique no state inspection is needed. One time fee for the permenant antique plate.
[quote name='T Niss' timestamp='1311335410' post='449316']

If you register it as an antique no state inspection is needed. One time fee for the permenant antique plate.

[/quote]

already on it. Thanks Tim
Chester911,

Thanks for the info. They acquired a used rescue from Granville last year. They probably are just downsizing.
Quote:Here is an older photo of her from the Youngstownfire.com site (credit to original photographer-GA Dave: was this your photo?).

Yes, it is. Congrats on having your own Hamerly!
Shoop: They have a Betten type rescue truck that they just got used recently. Ill be going back in a few weeks to pick up some found equipment. Ill get a roster of whats there now.
do you plan to take it to the schuykill county muster in october?
Not sure if it will be ready by then. Possibly
Delete post- image too large to upload~

I give up!
Can you resize it?
have to try
How bout some updates? Have you done anything to her recently? Finished with paint?
Waiting for the spring to finish painting the left side of the body. Also going to touch up some of the interiors of the compartments that had some minor surface rust from former equipment mounted. Looking to plumb and install the newly aquired booster reel and start getting some equipment on her for parade season. Going to hit Gettysburg in February and Allentown in April to get some things like hose and hand tools. Actively looking for a deck gun/monitor now.

Here is a shot with the new diamond plate bumper attached awaiting paint to the RR area back in September.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is a shot of the interior after the install of the vintage Motorola Mocom 70 mobile radio, Federal PA20A Interceptor and ORIGINAL GE Power Call sirens. Also after a good detail of the cab interior.

Only decent photo of her so far (damn telephone pole!) This is after I had the after market mattydale compartment above the pump panel cut off with a plasma cutter. It looked horrible. Making room for a booster reel in the pit behind that.

In the paint booth in August/Sept. The right side of the body had the most dings, battle scars, and paint scrapes so I started one side at a time.