Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Commish
Rest in Peace
Dear Buffs - I go by Crash 425, my name is Jim Feipel and I am the oldest son of Don Feipel, aka..The COMMISH...whom i laid to rest today. I wanted to take this time to thank each and everyone of you who ever spoke to or traded with my dad as it related to fire apparatus. My dad was diagnosed with mesotheliaoma back in late Feb. and he passed in just 4 1/2 months. Don was going to turn 65 on July 1st. My father was an insulator by trade and asbestos ate my fathers lungs. His love and passion for the hobby as well as being the active fire commisioner for the Mokena, Illinois Fire Department will never be forgotten. I've met many of the buffs over the years and I want to thank all of you who fulfilled my dads life with such joy and kindness.

My father was a great dad, loving husband, super grandfather and most of all the best photographer. Along with great memories my dad leaves behind more than 300,000 photos and 2000 models of fire apparatus. The Fire Buff world lost a great one today.

Miss you dad - Love Jim
Rip Commish
RIP Commish!! Your pictures and knowedge will be greatly missed!!
"RIP" Brothers Carter,Phillips,Matthews,Robinson & McRae!!
Im speechless.....RIP Don

JIm, I apologize it has taken me this long to see this! I have traded with your father on many occasions, and shared plenty of messages. Truly a man who had a love and passion for fire photography!
Hey Jim, I just read you post about your father. I am so sorry to hear about this news.  I never spoke to him, but did on several occasions had shared photos with him.  He will truly be missed. Heaven has got another angel to watch over all of us. RIP Don

This site hasn't been the same since Don left us.  I still miss his posts.

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York