Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
The Commish - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Non-Fire Service related (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The Commish (/showthread.php?tid=1685)

Pages: 1 2

The Commish - Guest - 06-21-2012

I have some very sad news to report. Firepics member Don Feipel passed away this morning, after a short battle with cancer. I had the privledge of shooting with him this past March, while we were both in Florida. He was not feeling well, but still wanted to go out and shoot a few more. He had many friends and trading partners in the apparatus photo community, and will be missed .

The Commish - YeOldeEnjine - 06-21-2012

Never met the man but I enjoyed his photos and appreciated his knowledge of fire apparatus. God Bless his soul and may god be with his family and friends.....

Tim W.

RIP Commish, God speed and thanks for all the great pics you shared with us.

The Commish - Bob-Ont - 06-21-2012

Rest in peace my Friend.

Rest In Peace Commish you were a true asset to this hobby ! Prayers for your family and friends during this most difficult time.

The Commish - GA_Dave - 06-22-2012

Rest in peace, Brother, under clear blue skies.

The Commish - Guest - 06-22-2012

My Prayers & Thoughts to Commish and the Family Members! Commish,you WILL be missed! R.I.P.

The Commish - tntway - 06-22-2012

Rest Well Don. prayers to his family and friends for peace and comfort. i will definitely miss his photo work......

Sad to hear. I had the privilege of meeting the Commish in Florida a few years ago for some photos. Great person. RIP!

The Commish - FDNY 10-75 - 06-22-2012

This is sad news, Don was instrumental in getting me involved in fire apparatus photography. Rest in peace!

Rest in Peace. I always looked forward to his photos.

RIP.

The Commish - John Kenealy - 06-22-2012

I think for a while, he posted more photos on this site than anyone. I had wondered why he hadn't posted in a while. He will be missed. RIP Don.

The Commish - Fire28 - 06-22-2012

RIP Brother. You will be sorely missed.

The Commish - kieferfire - 06-23-2012

Rest in peace, Don. I always enjoyed your photos.

Juergen

The Commish - bigjim - 06-23-2012

Don was not only a great photographer but he was also a good friend of mine. I'm going to miss his visits and friendship. Rest in Peace my friend.

The Commish - J. Dexter - 06-23-2012

Don exemplified this hobby - a gentle man with a great soul. It was always a pleasure interacting with him. Thoughts and prayers with his family and close firends...requiescat in pacem, Commish.

-Jeff

The Commish - Dfd3037 - 06-23-2012

R.I.P i will miss your photos and knowledge

The Commish - Guest - 06-25-2012

My deepest condolences, RIP Don.

The Commish - Truckman - 06-26-2012

Rest in Peace, Don. God has another good man now in Heaven.