Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoot me but I had to do it..
Quote:Good luck with it and thanks for preserving it so it looks like it did in Pomona, and not "SMKETRFDNY'S FIRE DEPT"! Stay safe

My pleasure. I never liked rigs renamed unless sold and refurbed (like the old F.D.N.Y. CF's. So while it MAY need a repaint, I will find out when it gets here. Just need as many pics as I can get to get it looking that. way.  As for that, we have a delay and it wont get on road til Friday. Gotta love hobbies, I am going to Carlisle, PA on Saturday for a Vette show and picking up a Stang nozzle.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Quote: 

My pleasure. I never liked rigs renamed unless sold and refurbed (like the old F.D.N.Y. CF's. So while it MAY need a repaint, I will find out when it gets here. Just need as many pics as I can get to get it looking that. way.  As for that, we have a delay and it wont get on road til Friday. Gotta love hobbies, I am going to Carlisle, PA on Saturday for a Vette show and picking up a Stang nozzle.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Jimmy, Harvey Eckart has a picture taken by Chuck Madderom in his Mack Fire Apparatus book.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Quote:Jimmy, Harvey Eckart has a picture taken by Chuck Madderom in his Mack Fire Apparatus book.

awesome ill check it out. thanks.

Stay safe,Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Rig was loaded on a lowboy Friday. Should be in my possession Next Friday or Saturday. Keep ya posted.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Are you pushing it here ? come on man we cant wait !
Quote:Are you pushing it here ? come on man we cant wait !

Brother, this rig has been nothing but a bad omen, one after the other. First, I send check to the wrong address. I sent a second check from wrong account which bounced. This AFTER he gets both checks same day. Then shipper has issues and I have to look into a second. First shipper gets act together and finally it gets loaded. May need tires, getting batteries, fluid changes and that compounding so desperately needed. We will see....lol

Stay safe, Brothers.

And the hits just keep on coming. Driver calls me yesterday, tells me the driveshaft sheared. I told him I hope he has insurance, to which he replies he is not responsible. So when it gets to Nassau Fire the owners will go over it and question the crap out of this moron. I called the dispatcher and told him I do NOT want to talk to this clown anymore. This is after all the issues I had, and I give this guy a second chance because "he has moved fire appaatus before and really wanted to move this. I figured he was repositioning the rig to put more stuff on (understandable, but now 'you get what you pay for' applies here) aand he either tried to move the rig in the wrong gear, engaged clutch with maxi brake on or a combo of both. Either or, the insurance clearance form will NOT be signed. Anymore issues and he is the new owner of a 68 CF Mack he can't friggin drive.

And the hits just keep on coming.....

Stay safe, Brothers.

Any updates? Sorry to hear about the problems.
Sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having. Maybe the driveshaft issue will be an easy fix. I remember years ago we were on a mutual aid drill with a '59 Maxim. We were running tanker evolutions. We stopped at a stop sign and when the driver let out the clutch, BAM, the driveshaft fell. As bad as it sounds all it was was the bolts that attached the flange to the transfer case sheared. No real damage. Re-attached with new bolts and it was good as new. Fingers crossed yours is as easy a fix.

Quote:Sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having. Maybe the driveshaft issue will be an easy fix. I remember years ago we were on a mutual aid drill with a '59 Maxim. We were running tanker evolutions. We stopped at a stop sign and when the driver let out the clutch, BAM, the driveshaft fell. As bad as it sounds all it was was the bolts that attached the flange to the transfer case sheared. No real damage. Re-attached with new bolts and it was good as new. Fingers crossed yours is as easy a fix.
Let's hope so, Brother. He said he had it 'fixed' in Sacremento, Ca., so I am leaning that way. However, it is getting delivered to Nassau Fire Apparatus in West Babylon, NY on Monday and I will be there to watch it get inspected. Both owners are VERY good friends of mine and both are very experienced in trucking, inspecting,narrowing down any reason how damaged happened to see if driver is full of crap.

Russian immigrant POS skell. Tells me engine is a "piece of garbage". I throw it back at him that it was HIM who wanted to transport it, it was HIM who was chomping at the bit to do the job, it was HIM who told the dispatcher he had experience moving fire apparatus.

And I told him that if the engine was such a piece of garbage, HE should have refused to take it. Leaving HIM with the responsibility. And it was HIM who drives a tractor trailer cross country and should know how to shift a simple 5 speed. I told him I am an honest man, and it repairs are satisfactory to Nassau Fire, he will get his full pay. If there are insurance issues and he refuses to acknowledge them, i told him he will get $2100 in fees and the $1800 i laid out buying this Mack, and he can take the rig home with him. So Monday will be an interesting day. Will keep those interested posted. Noything but bad vibes with this rig, I am tempted to sell it.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Ho stop it you bought it because you love it or you would not have shelled out that money on something you did not see with your own eyes. Lets face it your sick, a sick man that is in love with medal lots of it you started out as a small user then it got worse now your a full blow rust aholleck. Faceup to your weakness, Sorry got to go the ice cream truck just pulled up to the firehouse
How did you find this trucking company? I will have a truck to move shortly and hopefully can find one that is honest and reasonable.

Quote:How did you find this trucking company? I will have a truck to move shortly and hopefully can find one that is honest and reasonable.

On the internet. What do you have to move and from where to where? I have the company I should have used if need be.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Maybe this is your "learning curve" for this piece... Getting all the missteps and misadventures out of the way early and maybe things will settle down and you can enjoy the rig without "drama" once it's in your control.

I've had a similar adventure with a piece of equipment I purchased on the left coast... Trucker showed up with the wrong size trailer, wrong permits, and finally he abandoned the load half way here but we worked thru the problems and got it home. After all the headaches getting it here, it's been a great machine and I wouldn't trade or sell for any amount........

Good luck with your Mack, she deserves you!
Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Let's see. I'll keep the Brothers posted.

Heading over there now.

Ok, the engine arrived 6am yesterday. NOT a happy camper when I saw the rig on the street. My buddy Rob came out and we looked under the rig and saw the new driveshaft. In the drivers defense, Rob said it looked good, took it around and said all was ok. Driver got his money and was on his way. Rig needs 6 tires, 2 batteries, all fluids changed, and minor work like the accelerator pedal, manual throttle and engine stop lever (it has to be shut off @ engine. Throwing white smoke, I am hoping it is just stuck rings and/or a bad air filter. Gonna be a few grand for engine work. Will more than likely need a paint job as well. What I do need is a Hannay double booster reel, a 2 inlet multi-versal seen on most Macks (not sure of manufacturer), and a dietz 4 beacon light with red lens. I will post pics later.

Stay safe, Brothers.

I saw your update on the crown FB page. All in all its a very rare piece being the first open cab, first diesel CF. All the time and money someday will be worth it saving a rare piece.   Im sure your wallet wont think so though. Your lucky to have guys that are willing to help you out.

Quote:I saw your update on the crown FB page. All in all its a very rare piece being the first open cab, first diesel CF. All the time and money someday will be worth it saving a rare piece.   Im sure your wallet wont think so though. Your lucky to have guys that are willing to help you out.
 You ain't kidding. Between an 81 Corvette and 2 CF's, this isn't a cheap hobby. lol. Would be a lot cheaper if I was good with a wrench. I have tried, just aint me. And my pal at Nassau Fire suggested I talk to his painter about him doing it on Saturdays to save money. @ $400/gallon for decent paint, I may have to.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Ok, here are the pics I took yesterday:

[Image: CFC1011_zps0149ba4e.jpg]

[Image: CFC1013_zps53a5bc40.jpg]

[Image: CFC1010_zpsd8c32c73.jpg]

[Image: CFC1017_zps5863e61f.jpg]

[Image: CFC1015_zpsf81bda48.jpg]

Sorry I couldn't get a clear one. Ill try later. Moderators, if these are too big, would you please downsize? Not comp savvy. Thank you.

P.S. Does anyone know what type of little red light is on the left side? Thanks.

Stay safe, Brothers.

And roof WILL BE REMOVED. Along with windows.. .Smile

Stay safe, Brothers.