Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoot me but I had to do it..
While many of the Brothers here on FP are also on Facebook, many are not. Hopefully next Saturday I will have my F.D.N.Y Cf running and get it hauled to Maryland for restoration. Well anyway, Friday I was working side gig @LGA when I look and see discussion on an open cab CF. While perusing the discussion, I find out its for sale VERY cheap. But it is in California, and its only $1500. Call the place (Fire Trucks Plus, IIRC) and discussed the rig with the owner. He was reluctant to rid of it due to its rarity in the fire buff field, but offered it for a steal instead of rotting away. So the infamous Pomona, CA CF Mack has a new owner. Cannot figure out how to copy a link off photobucket, so i will post pics later. An F.D.N.Y. mechanic has offered to help remove the tons of oxidation and get it looking good, but I think the fiberglass front will need a repaint (FDNYTRUCKS.com DO NOT tell him......lmao). And YES, the top is coming off. I have an estimate of $2700 to ship cross country, so $4200 is not really a bad price. Now I need to find storage. Any help is appreciated.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
I couldn't believe it when I saw the price you picked this up for when it was being discussed over on Facebook.  Congrats, brother!

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:I couldn't believe it when I saw the price you picked this up for when it was being discussed over on Facebook.  Congrats, brother!

Thank you, Brother. With my looming divorce I took out a loan and had $3k for a rainy day. So I see on FB FDNYTRUCKS.com is talking about a rig and as I scroll through, I see its an open cab CF. I was looking for a open cab C, but this is even nicer (sorry, I love my C's, but I am a CF man..lol) . Well about .00003 nanoseconds after I post I got the cash, Mike sends me the number. So I have to call the guy and find out. I was VERY leery about it because of the shipping, but as Mike and I knew, it was a California rig with no rust. So thinking atrucker with a lowboy is going to be $3-4/mile, I was happy to hear of a $5100 estimate. I now have a $2700 estimate. My cousin has a house 60 miles away in Menifee, CA. and I was going to store it there. Have to work out some financial issues and the rig is on its way.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
you know what i commented over on FB........sitting here all smiles for you!!!

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
Quote:you know what i commented over on FB........sitting here all smiles for you!!!

I hear ya, Brother. Was mentioned dropping it of in the midwest and get it repainted (DON'T tell Jerry...lol). Labor costs are obviously higher in NY and CA, and finding a reputable guy there would more than likely save me some serious money. I'll see how the oxidation removal goes before making a decision. Jerry says he rocks with a compound wheel.

Stay safe, Brothers.

That.  Is. Awesome!

You're out of your mind bro.............LOL.........good luck with it!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
I saw that too on facebook  that was too good to pass up.. A rare CF like that should have been saved out there .. But unless its a Crown they want nothing to do with it,  Good luck!

Quote:You're out of your mind bro.............LOL.........good luck with it!

You're telling me. But blame Martinelli. It's HIS fault... lolol

On the bright side, insurance (if kept indoors) is $55/year. Imagine that, thaks Hagerty.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Quote:I saw that too on facebook  that was too good to pass up.. A rare CF like that should have been saved out there .. But unless its a Crown they want nothing to do with it,  Good luck!

I tend to think. Their loss, not mine. Nothing says fire apparatus like a CF Mack. Hoping my pal shows up Saturday and get old 290 running.

Stay safe, Brothers.

SORRY..... Credit to the original photographer (Paul @ Fire Trucks Plus, I was told).

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://s77.photobucket.com/user/smketrfdny/media/pomona1_zps6a10d1fa.png.html'>[Image: pomona1_zps6a10d1fa.png]</a>

Rough, needs a paint, IMO, but a mechanic with the job (and big car/truck buff) thinks it can be compounded out.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://s77.photobucket.com/user/smketrfdny/media/pomona2_zps70f85baa.png.html'>[Image: pomona2_zps70f85baa.png]</a>

Rust? What rust? lolol.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://s77.photobucket.com/user/smketrfdny/media/pomona3_zps32500cf9.png.html'>[Image: pomona3_zps32500cf9.png]</a>

Seat isn't even torn

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://s77.photobucket.com/user/smketrfdny/media/pomona4_zpsdf01f969.png.html'>[Image: pomona4_zpsdf01f969.png]</a>

Roof and windows will be removed. Hope you enjoyed.

Stay safe, Brothers.

And on an bright note, old E-290 growled like a Bulldog. Next step is Maryland for a ride to Hagerstown and bodywork.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Awesome find!  She'll look great without that top on her (pun intended).  Good luck with it.

Quote:Awesome find!  She'll look great without that top on her (pun intended).  Good luck with it.

Thank you, Brother. Won't drive it there, but I'll be in your neck of the woods next month. Too far to drive it. lol.

Stay safe, Brothers.

do you have any photos of e290

With 290 or with me, Brother?

Ok, the CF is heading east tomorrow. Going to take about 8 days, and it will go to my pals at Nassau Fire Apparatus when it will get tires (tubed), batteries, fluids and filter changed, and look at the belts. Then sometime when we can meet together, I will drive it into Queens to the house of an FDNY mechanic and compound the Hell out of it. I hope it works. If not, repaint.

And if anyone has old pics of the Pomona rig, let me know Watermarks ok, I need to see as many pics as possible to get it looking as it did when in service in Pomona. Thanks.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Good for you Pal. Let me know when you are in Hagerstown and I'll meet you for lunch.

Cosgr Stirpot ve

[color="#ff0000"][size="4"]Get In, Sit Down, Hold On and Shut Up[/size][/color]
Quote:Ok, the CF is heading east tomorrow. Going to take about 8 days, and it will go to my pals at Nassau Fire Apparatus when it will get tires (tubed), batteries, fluids and filter changed, and look at the belts. Then sometime when we can meet together, I will drive it into Queens to the house of an FDNY mechanic and compound the Hell out of it. I hope it works. If not, repaint.

And if anyone has old pics of the Pomona rig, let me know Watermarks ok, I need to see as many pics as possible to get it looking as it did when in service in Pomona. Thanks.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Good luck with it and thanks for preserving it so it looks like it did in Pomona, and not "SMKETRFDNY'S FIRE DEPT"! Stay safe
Or a VW !