Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston EMS
I love the look of those new trucks, and I love seeing photos of them....especially those on the new F-Super Duty chassis.  

Are the crews liking them?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
They love them.  After the Internationals, anything was welcome, but the truck committee did a great job.  The basic story is that since the Internationals were so uncomfortable, they found the most comfortable seats and built an ambulance around them.

It will be interesting to see what happens now that GM is making medium duty trucks again.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Beautiful looking Ambulance  there We are switching over to Braun liberty’s too with extended cab  I posted a picture of our  first one in the Ambulance thread
EC Truck The Pride Of The Cliffs 
The Fords are great. I hope they don't try to bring us back to the GMCs. Its not broke, don't fix it.
Paramedics: Because firefighters need heros too!
Three new 2018 Ford Explorers were recently delivered, 2 a for the on-duty Shift Commander M97-989 primary and M95-639 secondary, and Squad 80 (Community Services Unit for triage of high frequency/low transport triage unit) M97-536.  Boston EMS keeps the vehicles generic with minimal marking differences and identifies vehicles by plate number.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(05-17-2018, 12:19 AM)edburke Wrote: Three new 2018 Ford Explorers were recently delivered, 2 a for the on-duty Shift Commander M97-989 primary and M95-639 secondary, and Squad 80 (Community Services Unit for triage of high frequency/low transport triage unit) M97-536.  Boston EMS keeps the vehicles generic with minimal marking differences and identifies vehicles by plate number.

Sharpe looking
M95-626, the tractor for the above USAR trailer.  It was on loan to another city agency when I took the photo of the trailer, but had an opportunity to grab it today.  Freightliner, unknown year.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Does the Freightliner tractor require a special driver? Is it a BEMS employee with a Class A CDL?
Seth Granville
(06-12-2018, 05:10 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote: Does the Freightliner tractor require a special driver? Is it a BEMS employee with a Class A CDL?

Yes, most, if not all of the Special Ops guys have a CDL, it is required for this rig and the Medical Ambulance Bus
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(06-12-2018, 04:55 PM)edburke Wrote: M95-626, the tractor for the above USAR trailer.  It was on loan to another city agency when I took the photo of the trailer, but had an opportunity to grab it today.  Freightliner, unknown year.
There is one listed on John Galla's site listing.  Truck MB 94 which is a 2007 Freightliner
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
(06-12-2018, 04:55 PM)edburke Wrote: M95-626, the tractor for the above USAR trailer.  It was on loan to another city agency when I took the photo of the trailer, but had an opportunity to grab it today.  Freightliner, unknown year.
There is one listed on John Galla's site listing.  Truck MB 94 which is a 2007 Freightliner
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
(06-12-2018, 06:23 PM)Reliance Wrote:

Thank you, that would be it.  It doesn't seem like we've had it that long though.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(06-13-2018, 10:05 AM)edburke Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 06:23 PM)Reliance Wrote:

Thank you, that would be it.  It doesn't seem like we've had it that long though.

It was bought used.
Paramedics: Because firefighters need heros too!
M96-678, 2010 Chevy Tahoe, former primary and then back-up Shift Commander vehicle, now asigned to Training, Research and Quality Improvement.  The fender lettering was put on earlier today.  This is my new(ish) ride.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Nice ride Ed! Definitely a step up from your old truck!
Seth Granville
(09-09-2018, 06:50 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote: Nice ride Ed! Definitely a step up from your old truck!

The 2001 Yukon is a good vehicle.  It was the Chief's vehicle, then sat unused for a number of years before being marked and given to RTQI.  It is loaded with radios, has the last Electronic Q siren in the department, is full cloth with carpet and currently has just over 93,000 miles on it.   The 2010 is a police package all the way with vinyl seats and washdown floor, basic radio setup and has just under 91,000 miles.  The graphics and lighting is definitely better on the 2010, but I have a soft spot for the 2001.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(09-10-2018, 08:14 AM)edburke Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 06:50 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote: Nice ride Ed! Definitely a step up from your old truck!

The 2001 Yukon is a good vehicle.  It was the Chief's vehicle, then sat unused for a number of years before being marked and given to RTQI.  It is loaded with radios, has the last Electronic Q siren in the department, is full cloth with carpet and currently has just over 93,000 miles on it.   The 2010 is a police package all the way with vinyl seats and washdown floor, basic radio setup and has just under 91,000 miles.  The graphics and lighting is definitely better on the 2010, but I have a soft spot for the 2001.

I didn't know all those details. Now that I do, your old ride was a step up from this current truck LOL.
Seth Granville
Nice Ride there Ed
Ambulance 17, 2016 Ford F450/Braun Liberty

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Squad Unit, 2018 Ford Escape

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net