Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston EMS
Does anyone have/have access to take a pic of the rear of the units, as well as the inside of the pt compartment. Those units are huge compared to ours. We operate F350's with Wheeled Coach boxes. They are great for fitting down past the double parked cars in the projects we serve, and weaving through traffic. We are also testing one Frazer F350 that is awesome. It has all Super LED warning lights, and uses a generator to power the mod, a 120vac AC/heat pump, and fire research flood/scene lights.
[quote name='gradymedic' post='123710' date='Jun 29 2007, 05:45 ']Does anyone have/have access to take a pic of the rear of the units, as well as the inside of the pt compartment. Those units are huge compared to ours. We operate F350's with Wheeled Coach boxes. They are great for fitting down past the double parked cars in the projects we serve, and weaving through traffic. We are also testing one Frazer F350 that is awesome. It has all Super LED warning lights, and uses a generator to power the mod, a 120vac AC/heat pump, and fire research flood/scene lights.[/quote]

I will try to take my camera with me and take a pic when I go in tomorrow.
Paramedics: Because firefighters need heros too!
[quote name='fenwayfrankee' post='125071' date='Jul 2 2007, 23:59 ']I will try to take my camera with me and take a pic when I go in tomorrow.[/quote]

You may want to hold off until the new rigs go in service, as they have the new scheme on the back with the chevrons. That's what I was waiting for.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='edburke' post='125082' date='Jul 2 2007, 21:33 ']You may want to hold off until the new rigs go in service, as they have the new scheme on the back with the chevrons. That's what I was waiting for.[/quote]

Looks like the chevron fever has spread to Boston.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Ed, while you are out with the camera, how about a pic of the new EMS Supervisort vehicle you guys are testing. Are the side chevors a new thing for BEMS or only on the demo/test unit?
[quote name='edburke' post='125082' date='Jul 3 2007, 00:33 ']You may want to hold off until the new rigs go in service, as they have the new scheme on the back with the chevrons. That's what I was waiting for.[/quote]

Ahh,

I new the new Swab truck had them I did not know that the new boxes where going to have them too. I will have to swing by the main and check them out.
Paramedics: Because firefighters need heros too!
Well, one year to the day after starting this topic with the photo of A14 (MB712, the hand-me-down), I finally cleaned up our new truck (MB745) and took her out for photos. The rig is a 2006 Chevy/Braun, which we received new in October. Guesstimating based on last year's run numbers, she probably has 2000-2200 runs under her belt. As stated earlier in this topic, it's the ONLY Chevy in the fleet-we like to be unique in Allston/Brighton.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
A couple shots from the 4TH.

First a 2003 Yukon,

And Ambulance 1, A 2006 GMC/Braun

Next,

Ambulance 21 - A 2003 GMC/Braun

Ambulance ?? - A 2003/GMC Braun

Attached Files Image(s)

Next

Unmarked Chevy Pick up towing one of the Technical Support Units.

Image(s)

Next,

TSU - Haz-Mat Trailer,

Spe-Ops Bicycle Defibrillation Team Trailer

Image(s)

Ed, who is going to get the new rigs, has that been decided yet? Iam guessing the primary trucks are getting all new rigs, and the 2006s shuffled down?
Doug Boudrow
Fire Photographer
Boston Citywide Fire Radio Car 231
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://dabimages.net'>dabimages.net</a>
[quote name='Citywide 231' post='126574' date='Jul 6 2007, 23:50 ']Ed, who is going to get the new rigs, has that been decided yet? Iam guessing the primary trucks are getting all new rigs, and the 2006s shuffled down?[/quote]

I know we were offered one, but we declined. I would assume A7 and P16 since both rigs have recently been in accidents, and the oldest of the 2005's.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='edburke' post='126578' date='Jul 6 2007, 21:09 ']I know we were offered one, but we declined. I would assume A7 and P16 since both rigs have recently been in accidents, and the oldest of the 2005's.[/quote]

Why decline a perfectly new rig? Unless you mean they will give you a new hand me down.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='JFong' post='126581' date='Jul 7 2007, 00:28 ']Why decline a perfectly new rig? Unless you mean they will give you a new hand me down.[/quote]

We've only had ours since October, and it was offered to us because we take care of our equipment. I know how pissed off we were last July when we got a hand-me-down, and there are many trucks that do many more calls than us and have less time to do things like wash it every day that deserve the respect of getting a new truck before we get a second new one in less than a year.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='edburke' post='126582' date='Jul 7 2007, 00:32 ']We've only had ours since October, and it was offered to us because we take care of our equipment. I know how pissed off we were last July when we got a hand-me-down, and there are many trucks that do many more calls than us and have less time to do things like wash it every day that deserve the respect of getting a new truck before we get a second new one in less than a year.[/quote]

What's a new truck? We haven't seen a new ladder in Brighton since 1992.
FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
[quote name='Skip Olson BFD L14' post='126633' date='Jul 7 2007, 10:17 ']What's a new truck? We haven't seen a new ladder in Brighton since 1992.[/quote]

You guys could have had a nice new Tower Ladder, but y'all did the right thing and declined it
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='edburke' post='126687' date='Jul 7 2007, 13:51 ']You guys could have had a nice new Tower Ladder, but y'all did the right thing and declined it[/quote]

True, but with $3,000,000 in the budget for apparatus replacement for next year, we're hopeful we're due. What happened to the All/Bri sticker on the back of A-14? If you get another one, let me know as they'd look good on the truck as well.
FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
Anybdy got photos of the old BCH suburbans. The back end of one can be seen in a Bill Noonan photo on Firenews.org a few weeks back

Come on Ed how about that Supervsors truck and how is it working out?
[quote name='Lime Guy' post='138662' date='Aug 9 2007, 15:00 ']Anybdy got photos of the old BCH suburbans. The back end of one can be seen in a Bill Noonan photo on Firenews.org a few weeks back

Come on Ed how about that Supervsors truck and how is it working out?[/quote]

John,

When I'm not working, I avoid work........unless it turns up at a fire scene that I'm also at, I won't be getting a shot.......I just saw the thing in person (responding in front of me at a cross street) for the first time yesterday.

There will, however be another Ambulance 14 shot coming, they gave us another new truck (2007 GMC/Braun), and sent our 9 month old rig to A11. I'm just waiting for it to be lettered.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net