Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston EMS
[quote name='MiltonBradley' post='23851' date='Aug 17 2006, 22:41 ']Station 1, Located on Purchase Street, Downtown.

A1 and P1 are stationed here. Mr Burke is it true that A8 is also stationed here. Someone had said they were but i was also told they were out on the Glynn Way in the BFD HQ Complex.[/quote]

A8 shifts out of Glynn Way, but is posted in Dock Sq. to pick up the overflow in District 1, and to go over and cover Eastie when A7 is working. The have a "room" (closet) in City Hall that is their official satellite when on post, but it's not uncommon to find them at A1's house.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Paramedic 2 over on Warren St. going out on a call.

Attached Files Image(s)

One of the spares running as Ambulance 28 in Downtown Crossing

Attached Files Image(s)

Squad 73 and an SUV marked as RIQT

Attached Files Image(s)

Mr. Burke are the spare 2003 GMC ambulances/paramedics the same unit everyday. Like is A28 A28 everyday or could it be A28 today and A27 tomorrow? I ask because i wanted to know if i shot the same rig/s as diffrent ambulances.

-John P.
[quote name='efin98' post='24077' date='Aug 18 2006, 20:22 ']Squad 73 and an SUV marked as RIQT[/quote]

that would be RTQI-Research, Training and Quality Improvement.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='MiltonBradley' post='24171' date='Aug 19 2006, 00:05 ']Mr. Burke are the spare 2003 GMC ambulances/paramedics the same unit everyday. Like is A28 A28 everyday or could it be A28 today and A27 tomorrow? I ask because i wanted to know if i shot the same rig/s as diffrent ambulances.

-John P.[/quote]

The numbers on the side of the rigs don't change-the only real way to be sure you didn't photograph the same rig twice is to look at the license plate number. A20-A39 & P40-P49 are the spare vehicles, and they will usually be assigned a number different to what is on the truck. We usually don't have much more than A30, A31 A32, P40, P41 or P42 working at any given time. The spares could also be assigned as a 50 series vehicle if they are on a detail and not available for citywide service. To truly find out what the actual on duty designator of any of the spares is, you would have to ask, or access the MDT to see their CAD designation.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Spare running as Ambulance 33 at Downtown Crossing

Attached Files Image(s)

Ambulance 8 at Downtown Crossing as well

Attached Files Image(s)

A Boston EMS Ford SUV at Downtown Crossing.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='efin98' post='25808' date='Aug 22 2006, 20:14 ']A Boston EMS Ford SUV at Downtown Crossing.[/quote]

Looks like a undercover unit of some kind. Interesting.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='JFong' post='25820' date='Aug 23 2006, 00:04 ']Looks like a undercover unit of some kind. Interesting.[/quote]

It's not an undercover unit. If you look closely you can see it is lettered "Bosotn EMS" in gold and has multiple antenae on the top with a blue and white governenment plate(regular Massachusetts plates are white with red or green digits).
[quote name='efin98' post='25832' date='Aug 22 2006, 22:53 ']It's not an undercover unit. If you look closely you can see it is lettered "Bosotn EMS" in gold and has multiple antenae on the top with a blue and white governenment plate(regular Massachusetts plates are white with red or green digits).[/quote]

I understand that, but the looks of the vehicle (not many markings) makes the truck look more like a LE vehicle.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Ambulance 3 outside their station off of Blue Hill Ave. in Mattapan.

Attached Files Image(s)

Spare running as Ambulance 22 around Downtown Crossing

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed, what is th edeal with that SUV. IS that Serino's ride?
[quote name='Lime Guy' post='26513' date='Aug 25 2006, 08:22 ']Ed, what is th edeal with that SUV. IS that Serino's ride?[/quote]

Not his ride, but he probably has one like it assigned. One of the guys in the picture uses the SUV.
Ambulance 12 on Blue Hill Ave.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for a very informative thread! Are any of the Chevy 3500 series or F-450 rigs still in service?
Mr. Burke, I know your a very busy man, but in the little time you have can you post the info on where BEMS stations are and what units respond out of those stations and when. I have been getting confused about the placements of spares/reserves and where they are stored. Im also confused about the placement of Ambulance 8.

Thank you in advance if you can.

-John