Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston EMS
I wonder what is on the special ops truck for it require 2 a/c units?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='JFong' post='4376' date='Jul 5 2006, 22:18 ']I wonder what is on the special ops truck for it require 2 a/c units?[/quote]

I've been wondering the same thing. Those A/C's put out great, why you'd need more than one is a riddle to me.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Boston EMS Division 1 today

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
and A16

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
And the scene the above 2 were working at.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='edburke' post='7456' date='Jul 11 2006, 16:22 ']I've been wondering the same thing. Those A/C's put out great, why you'd need more than one is a riddle to me.[/quote]

Anything in the rear that would a require a cooling/heating unit?
Last week o/s L15 E33 came BEMS #10

Attached Files Image(s)

Walk to the corner and BEMS Paramedic #1 is responding.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh, I am happy with my new Canon Rebel XT! Here's the next pic, only three seconds later (with my Kodak P&S I'd be counting off 10 seconds while the camera wrote to the card)

I brightened this image to show the size of the tires.

Phil, Bklyn

Attached Files Image(s)

Now here's one of Boston Children's Hospital parked at the curb. A pic like this needs more than the little pop up flash that's mounted on top of the camera.

Attached Files Image(s)

Same rig, still ASA 400 but this time with two full stops EV making it about ASA 1600. Still needs a bigger flash.

Phil, Bklyn.

Attached Files Image(s)

One of the Tactical Response Unit a 1999 Ford F450/3D.

Attached Files Image(s)

A Chevy passenger van.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice shots - Thanks for sharing
[quote name='edburke' post='4178' date='Jul 5 2006, 18:54 ']The state office of EMS disapproved of them.[/quote]

So the State regulates how you identify units? Seemed like a good (but expensive) means to dynamically label units. We've kept to the std magnetic signs.
Did Boston EMS move its shops to a new facility? If so, where?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[quote name='Jonathan Olson' post='11693' date='Jul 19 2006, 01:35 ']So the State regulates how you identify units? Seemed like a good (but expensive) means to dynamically label units. We've kept to the std magnetic signs.[/quote]

The state doesn't necesarily regulate how you identify units, but they do have a LONG list of regulations that must be met for an ambulance to be licensed, all the way down to the type of lettering, where the lettering is, and which lights flash in what sequence. Not to mention that the regulations change almost yearly.
[quote name='TacSupport1' post='12638' date='Jul 21 2006, 14:43 ']Did Boston EMS move its shops to a new facility? If so, where?[/quote]

61 Shirley St. Roxbury
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='lynskey85' post='12657' date='Jul 21 2006, 15:37 ']The state doesn't necesarily regulate how you identify units, but they do have a LONG list of regulations that must be met for an ambulance to be licensed, all the way down to the type of lettering, where the lettering is, and which lights flash in what sequence. Not to mention that the regulations change almost yearly.[/quote]

Exactly. The state disapproved of the numbering system because it was too simple to change a unit's number in their opinion. The system was set up with security in mind-the only people that could access the panel to change the number were the mechanics or technical services, but it still irked the state. If they truly regulated it, they would have just refused to license the rig.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Nice pics. I like the new units. Whats the difference between P1 and A16 besides the numbering?

Thanks,

Phil