Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami Dade apparatus
I saw a video today that features Spartan/LTC's refurb centers. In the video it showcases a new Miami Dade reurb, which makes me wonder now; what does their fleet consist of? I can at least account for these-

Rosenbauer Commander pumpers

Pierce Quantum Pumper refurb

2 Pierce Arrow XT PUCs

2 Pierce Velocity towers, 1 rear mount and 1 mid mount

6 Sutphen SP 70 aerials

1 Sutphen SPH 100'

1 E\-One 75' Quint

1 LTC 75' refurb

How many ALF 75' remain?

How many Spartan/Rosenbauer 75' remain?

I know there are several other 1 off pieces such as the Quantum tender. As you can see, several different manufacturers, and of those, several different models. Anyone know the reason for such a variety recently? Normally it would be for the sake of studying apparatus/manufacturer performance for future purchases, but the apparatus are so different among the fleet, I don't see how they could possibly retrieve much data from any of them.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:I saw a video today that features Spartan/LTC's refurb centers. In the video it showcases a new Miami Dade reurb, which makes me wonder now; what does their fleet consist of? I can at least account for these-

Rosenbauer Commander pumpers

Pierce Quantum Pumper refurb

2 Pierce Arrow XT PUCs

2 Pierce Velocity towers, 1 rear mount and 1 mid mount

6 Sutphen SP 70 aerials

1 Sutphen SPH 100'

1 E-One 75' Quint

1 LTC 75' refurb

How many ALF 75' remain?

How many Spartan/Rosenbauer 75' remain?

I know there are several other 1 off pieces such as the Quantum tender. As you can see, several different manufacturers, and of those, several different models. Anyone know the reason for such a variety recently? Normally it would be for the sake of studying apparatus/manufacturer performance for future purchases, but the apparatus are so different among the fleet, I don't see how they could possibly retrieve much data from any of them.

Trav!
Travis,

I thought the Rosenbauers were actually 60 footers. Seems like I remember me and Stonitch talking about that fact a few years ago because they didn't get ISO aerial credit.

Quote:Travis,

I thought the Rosenbauers were actually 60 footers. Seems like I remember me and Stonitch talking about that fact a few years ago because they didn't get ISO aerial credit.

You're right, I forgot that they were only 60' thank you!
Quote:You're right, I forgot that they were only 60' thank you!
I'm fairly confident they have both 60's and 75's from Rosenbauer.  I think the 60's were to replace the older TeleSqurt style elevated waterways.  IN their nomenclature some are called Aerials others Ladders.

http://www.miamidade.gov/fire/stations-units.asp

This looks relatively up to date...
There are at least 5 75' LTI aerials in various stages of re-chassising and refurb. 

Quote:There are at least 5 75' LTI aerials in various stages of re-chassising and refurb. 
Any links?
If it was under 75 foot it was called an Aerial, if it was over 75' it was called a Ladder they have rosenbauer's of both sizes.

Trav, never heard of a velocity rear mount Tower in their possession, maybe a late 90's model Dash or Arrow assigned to Platform 34 or the reserve fleet.

Quote:Trav, never heard of a velocity rear mount Tower in their possession, maybe a late 90's model Dash or Arrow assigned to Platform 34 or the reserve fleet.

It was the rear mount aerial I was thinking of, I realized after I posted this that it wasn't a platform, and forgot to change my original post. Are ladders 8 and 22 different trucks, or was one reassigned?

Trav!
The Pierce velocity rear mount was lettered for ladder 8 upon delivery it was discovered that it was too long to fit in the firehouse so it never saw service at fire station 8 and was assigned to Station 22. Station 22 received one of the 70 foot sutphen mini towers so I do not know the current disposition of the Pierce velocity rear mount