Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCALE MODEL FIREHOUSES
Scratch build in O scale

Attached Files Image(s)

My second favorite scratch build in 1/64 scale.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another look

Attached Files Image(s)

One of my early 1/64 scale scratch builds

Attached Files Image(s)

Scratch build under construction.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another under construction a while back

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Made this little house out of extra materials I had on hand in 1/64 scale.

Attached Files Image(s)

Scratch built house siren/bell tower in O scale.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next scratch built firehouse on the drawing board. Just ordered the first batch of parts. This will be a single house Ladder Company in O scale. Hopefully will be done in a couple weeks!!

Attached Files Image(s)

These are really great, thanks for posting them.

I'm hoping to get a lot more time for myself in the upcoming year, so maybe I can actually get some of my many ideas from my head to reality.
Aaron Woods
Thanks, looking forward to seeing your work!!

Latest scratch built firehouse in O scale under construction. Still a little ways to go. So far, so good!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Another look

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice start, I assume you will skin the outside with evergreen sheets for texture?

Are the window frames pre-made or scratchbuilt?
Aaron Woods
Thank you, the windows and doors are Grandt line O scale parts. The plan so far is that I'm going to use Micromark O scale peel and stick cobblestone siding paper for the walls. Also going to use Evergreen Plastic sheets for the front and rear roof pitch. Am in the process of making a scratch built 10' x 12' bay door made of Evergreen plastic sheet and strips. Then I'll use Evergreen angles for the bay door framing and exterior trim. I'll finish it off with 60 grit sandpaper painted either black or grey for the roof. The windows, doors, bay door, and trim will probably be painted Carmel or antique white to contrast with the cobblestone. Also, I'll probably make this the home for the Corgi American LaFrance tiller in yellow instead of the red one. Hopefully, this will turn out good!!

Latest scratch built fictional firehouse in O scale completed today. The beacon ray on the front windshield of the Corgi Ladder is from Don Mills Hobby Shop. Although this had taken a while to complete, it was a easy and fun build to do. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Another look

Attached Files Image(s)

Another look

Attached Files Image(s)

Another look. She fits in the bay perfectly!!

Attached Files Image(s)