Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DCFD to discipline FFs and Dispatchers
Saw the story just after it happened.  Lt. in charge knew something was gunna happen. Filed for her retirement days after the incident.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/national/DC-t...paign=wxii
However she has not been allowed to retire

Cosgrove

[color="#ff0000"][size="4"]Get In, Sit Down, Hold On and Shut Up[/size][/color]
I take it, that if you are involved in any type of investigation, you are unable to retire quit or however you want to put it, until the case is resolved? Just curious.
They can't stop you from quitting, but they can freeze pension funds and retirement applications until the investigation is over.  I'm not familiar with the laws there, but in some cases here, you can lose your pension funds, which is primarily your own money, as the interest paid is minuscule. 

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
If your found to be negligent while on duty they can in some states deny your pension and get only what you put in over the years. That's alot less than you would collect over time. 

In the DCFD, not so. Seems this 'officer' was a member (and Secretary, iirc), of a certain organization that the'chief' was also a member of, so as of right now, she skates off scott free. A cadet received a phone call from the 'chief' shortly after yet I have yet to hear of a similar phone call to another fireman involved who lived in Pennsylvania. Ill bet 50 bucks hes the scapegoat. And this 'chief' has an agenda to destroy the traditions of the DCFD. FWIW, a firepics member here ripped that 'chief' apart with FACTS in a council hearing. BRAVO, Kevin. Proud to know ya, Brother.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Yes; some VERY strong work by Kevin. One can only hope that his actions will provide some relief from this "Chief".  Stirpot

Quote:Yes; some VERY strong work by Kevin. One can only hope that his actions will provide some relief from this "Chief".  Stirpot

One can only hope. But dont hold your breath. I keep in touch with many ppl there and I am told Gray and the 'chief' are childhood friends, so he will stay on as long as Gray can take the heat. No doubt in politics, low man goes, but it is now time that will tell. Kevin, Ron or Tim can correct me if I am wrong.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Cosgrove, read your post too fast. They are NOT letting her retire? Surprise there.

Stay safe, Brothers.