Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help from Boston people
My wife and I are going to be taking a trip to the NE this June.  I know there's tons of Boston area people on the boards -- can I get some advice on where to stay, where not to stay, things to do, etc in the Boston area?  We're likely going to have three full days to spend there until we head up to Vermont.  We were both history majors in college so we're looking for cool historical stuff to see, which I know there's tons of in the Boston area.  

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.  Feel free to PM as well.  

History? Yup, we got that. :-) USS Constitution (Oldest Commissioned Warship in the US), Bunker Hill Monument, Paul Revere's House in Old North Square, the Old State House (Site of the Boston Massacre) and on and on and on and on. Those are all withing walking distance from each other downtown & in Charlestown. Most places are fine to stay, when you're planning PM me a list of possible hotels & I'll advise you. Parking is bad. You'd be better off NOT getting a car while you're here. Logan Airport is just across the harbor from downtown & public transit (MBTA) will get you almost anywhere. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help you out!

FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
Quote:My wife and I are going to be taking a trip to the NE this June.  I know there's tons of Boston area people on the boards -- can I get some advice on where to stay, where not to stay, things to do, etc in the Boston area?  We're likely going to have three full days to spend there until we head up to Vermont.  We were both history majors in college so we're looking for cool historical stuff to see, which I know there's tons of in the Boston area.  

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.  Feel free to PM as well.  

Try this: http://www.cityofboston.gov/visitors/