Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia City - Storey County Fire Dept. Nevada????
So checking out street veiw on google earth I noticed that in Virginia City theres 2 fire station side by side, one is 5 bays the other is 2 bays, the 5 bay station looks older but looks to be built that way. So trying to find out why theres 2 seperate stations. I went to thier website but didnt find any help there they list the 2 bay station as sta. 1 with all aparatus pictures out front of it but no mention of the 5 bay station or why they have 2 different fire stations. I understand that there is paid personnel in Virginia City and volunteer but they state they work hand in hand and even wear the same uniforms. but why 2 fire stations and not 1? If anyone could explain this and why that would be awsome!
In other areas of the country where I've seen this, there's been a need for additional bay space, but the old station is still inhabitable, so they'll keep some rigs in there (reserves, etc).  From the street view, it looks like they're simply using the convenience of having two stations next to each other to store multiple units.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
If you check out these 2 address, you will find 2 fully equipped volunteer fire stations, literally a 2 minute walk from each other.

From Vancouver Island, BC check out:

468 Duncan Street, Duncan, BC (Duncan VFD, running 2 engines, 1 tower, 1 heavy rescue and 1 tanker)

5881 Duncan Street, (North Cowichan VFD, running 2 engines, 1 telesqurt, 1 heavy rescue and 1light rescue)
Thank guys makes sense now.