Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illinois Firehouses
Saunemin F.P.D.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Very nice pics.   First thing I noticed though is that not all of the firehouses are shown flying the US flag but maybe they are just out of view.  Second thing is that those that do don't have the POW / MIA flag below, something that I notice lacks at public buildings in mos states I visit; here in NJ it's been a public law for many years that our publicly owned buildings are required to have the POW/MIA flag either on a separate pole or below the Stars and Stripes and many buildings that are not publicly owned also do that.

Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
The only few places in the Chicago area or even most of  IL you see the POW/MIA is at the VFW or American Legion.   

Quote:Sterling F.D.
Sterling's station is a very neat building. Given the date it was built it was well ahead of its time.  The bunk rooms are private, the bays are sized large enough for modern apparatus even though the building is from the 1960's, there's a fantastic design for washing and drying hose, etc. The entire building is concrete including the roof, so the thing is virtually bomb proof. Those who go visit these places the building is worth a stop, and as a bonus their original Ahrens Fox rig sits in the maintenance bay at the rear of the building.

Quote:Sterling's station is a very neat building. Given the date it was built it was well ahead of its time.  The bunk rooms are private, the bays are sized large enough for modern apparatus even though the building is from the 1960's, there's a fantastic design for washing and drying hose, etc. The entire building is concrete including the roof, so the thing is virtually bomb proof. Those who go visit these places the building is worth a stop, and as a bonus their original Ahrens Fox rig sits in the maintenance bay at the rear of the building.
It apears to be two story. If so what is located on the second floor and how many slide poles. Thanks in advance. Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:It apears to be two story. If so what is located on the second floor and how many slide poles. Thanks in advance. Rick
Two story in the center part between the bays.  Bedrooms are upstairs.  At least two poles, but I don't think either are used anymore.  One is blocked by the Plymovent system, I know that.
Campus Fire

Attached Files Image(s)

Kankakee Twp. F.P.D.

Kankakee Co.,  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Grant Park F.P.D.

Kankakee Co.,  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Momence F.P.D.

Kankakee Co.,  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Tonica V.F.D.

LaSalle Co.,  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Leeland F.P.D.,  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

LaSalle F.P.D. (LaSalle Co.), IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Braceville F.P.D. (Grundy Co.),  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Burlington F.P.D. (Kane Co.),  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Lacon-Sparland F.P.D.,  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Grant Park F.P.D.

Kankakee Co.,  IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli
Anyone been in this one?  Looks like a decent building, and we're looking to build in the near future.  Emails with the chief said they spent $1.9 million on it and the building is about three years old.

Hopefully we'll get down there for a tour soon.
Quote:Anyone been in this one?  Looks like a decent building, and we're looking to build in the near future.  Emails with the chief said they spent $1.9 million on it and the building is about three years old.

Hopefully we'll get down there for a tour soon.
I have been in this station.  Very nice building.  I had a brief tour right as it was opened up and put in service so alot of the final touches were still being done, but when compared to what they came from this is a great house.  Very spacious.  It's worth a visit if your looking for new station ideas.
please visit my website at www.karlsfirephotos.smugmug.com
Quote:I have been in this station.  Very nice building.  I had a brief tour right as it was opened up and put in service so alot of the final touches were still being done, but when compared to what they came from this is a great house.  Very spacious.  It's worth a visit if your looking for new station ideas.
Thanks for the input.  I'm astounded by what some fire departments are paying for buildings...