Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for buffing in Europe?
I have plans to go to Denmark this winter, probably late November or December. I'll be meeting up with a childhood friend who has been living in Copenhagen since the 80s so he should be able to help with the language and social customs. Obviously Denmark is on the agenda, and we have talked about adding some parts of Germany. The rest is pretty much see how it goes.

I know we have a couple of members across the Atlantic, and probably more than a few from the US who have shot apparatus over there.

Just looking for suggestions, advice etc. I don't know how photographers are viewed, how security varies, or how fire service culture may differ.

Obviously the time of year isn't the best for catching apparatus outside, but that is when I can get away.

Thanks
Aaron Woods
I cannot see that there will be a problem for you.

Even though I have never been to where you are going, I have found that in the UK, and other parts of europe I have been to, they are normally quite accomodating.

Its not often you find apparatus outside, and they dont seem to be the type of people who want to move them around, but a good digital camera makes the dreaded interior shots OK

Good luck with your trip.

[Image: 26_8_1.gif]
Thanks Pete.

We've actually pushed it back to late Summer / fall 2018 so the weather will be better than winter 2017. My main concern was over heightened security and photographer paranoia as we had here some years after 9-11. It sounds like buffing is at least known if not as wide spread so hopefully we won't run into much of that.

In addition to the better weather the trip plans are expanding from hanging out in Copenhagen to a European roadtrip. Hopefully I can get a wide swath of European fire apparatus.
Aaron Woods