Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drones on the fire scene
This, is exactly why I don't like the idea of drones on the fire scene, because there's going to be that one guy who gets in the way with it. When I saw the pictures of the guy in Highland Park with the drone I immediately thought "this is going to end up being a bad idea". People can get in the way just as easily on the ground, it does, and will continue to happen, because some people just don't know where to draw the line for "that shot", but I feel like this is really going the extra mile to get in the way.

Thoughts?

http://news.msn.com/us/toy-drone-disrupt...a-wildfire

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
This, like so much else, boils down to a behavior issue. A photographer with a good working knowledge of the fireground, as well as a working relationship with the department, should be able to operate a remote camera (drone, quadcopter, whatever) above a fireground with minimal interruptions. Joe Blow off the street may not be able to.

i have been talking to my local depts and they dont really like the drone idea until i told them it would be grate for shots and they can all on me and use it for some search and rescue things and what not we have a lot of woods and fields and we are connected to the ohio river