Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chevy Caprice police units
I haven't seen too many in my area. Right now this is the only one I have seen. I think most departments shied away from them due to cost (Impala is cheaper)

Carmel, NY

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Port Authority Police are using the caprice in both NY and NJ.  This is the latest generation with the newer light bar.

Attached Files Image(s)

2012 Caprice

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[url="http://www.century2000.org"]ALF Century 2000[/url]

[Image: lovefirefox1ru8dd.gif]
Harrison County Texas Sheriff's Office

[Image: IMG_1191-XL.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1192-XL.jpg]

Kurt....is NYPD using the new Caprices?

Los Angeles World Airport Police
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Nope. Sticking with the Impala...its cheaper. Mostly seeing Impalas and Ford Fusions with a few Taurus thrown in
Just doesn't look like a police car. Two officers and a computer , bit cramped I would think. I'm still dumbfounded as to ford's decision to end the crown vic.
Quote:I haven't seen too many in my area. Right now this is the only one I have seen. I think most departments shied away from them due to cost (Impala is cheaper)

Carmel, NY

Looks to me like Carmel bought a dealer demo car and put their name on it. http://www.government-fleet.com/fc_image...rior-1.jpg

Around here, we have thousands of new Caprices- they've really caught on.

The Caprice is currently the fastest production police vehicle in North America, with a top speed of 160 mph and the highest rating in both the Michigan State Police testing and that Los Angeles County Sheriff's tests. Although smaller on the exterior than the Crown Vic, it has more interior leg room. If any department is choosing the Impala over the Caprice it is for cost savings only. There's no comparison between the two.
Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas