Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Columbus Fire Stations 2 & 3
What's the latest with Columbus Ohio stations 2 & 3? I know they were split up but they had two engines, two medics, a truck, maybe a rescue, a battalion, an EMS chief. I just saw St. 2 reopened with engine, medic and chief. Is St. 3 still coming back, and with what and where?

PS the two Columbus fire buff sites (*.8m and firehousesofohio) are gone.

Station 3 is on the north side of Greenlawn Ave, just west of Scioto Blvd. Address is something like 220 Greenlawn. It's a huge facility, been open a couple years maybe.

Quote:Station 3 is on the north side of Greenlawn Ave, just west of Scioto Blvd. Address is something like 220 Greenlawn. It's a huge facility, been open a couple years maybe.

Thanks, I forgot about that. Odd that St. 2 is on their website but not St. 3.

https://www.columbus.gov/public-safety/f.../Stations/
It is at 220 Greenlawn, Columbus, Ohio.  It is on Google maps.  It is a nice big station.  According to Google also houses the Communications Division.

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
The grand opening for Station 2 is later this week. It looks like Station 2 will house E2, L2, M2, Dive 2 and Battalion 1. Station 3 will house E3, R3 (formerly R2) and M3. Not sure which station the bomb squad ended up at.
Quote:The grand opening for Station 2 is later this week. It looks like Station 2 will house E2, L2, M2, Dive 2 and Battalion 1. Station 3 will house E3, R3 (formerly R2) and M3. Not sure which station the bomb squad ended up at.

Thank you!
Quote:What's the latest with Columbus Ohio stations 2 & 3? I know they were split up but they had two engines, two medics, a truck, maybe a rescue, a battalion, an EMS chief. I just saw St. 2 reopened with engine, medic and chief. Is St. 3 still coming back, and with what and where?

PS the two Columbus fire buff sites (*.8m and firehousesofohio) are gone.
The webhosting company did some super secret squirrel stupidity to me. The old 8m site is now at www.cohfire.net ...Sorry it was down for so long.
I'm down with:

IAFF, IFPA, APCO, NAED, ARRL