Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing Photo Upload Size
Ed,

I've gotten discouraged from posting here because when I want to quickly upload a photo, all of my photos are too big.

Any chance we could increase the size allowed for photo uploads? It's rather small, which makes it time consuming to post on here because you have to go to Photobucket or similar, upload the photo, come back to this site, and add the link. And now with Photobucket's recent controversy, it makes it even more difficult.   It's currently at 200KBm which is rather small for the high quality images that many of us post.  I know bandwith and storage space may be an issue, but with many hosting companies, it's not as restrictive as it used to be.

Seth

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
What would you suggest for a size?  It was a trifecta when the limit was imposed-storage limitations, server process load (which is where the hosting companies still freak out) and load times for users on slower connections.  I'm open to it.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I've said this before, but Ed, I appreciate how much you're willing to listen to new ideas/suggestions and communicate with us. Being a member of some boards that don't have that luxury, it makes it nice when we do!

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:What would you suggest for a size?  It was a trifecta when the limit was imposed-storage limitations, server process load (which is where the hosting companies still freak out) and load times for users on slower connections.  I'm open to it.

Is this hosting, VPS, dedicated? On my sites over the past couple of years, service limits have been greatly improved or become unlimited, and the cost has dropped. I use HostGator, the customer service is fantastic, low prices, and they are very generous with their packages.  

Also, sorry it's taken me so long to reply. And well said, Juice!

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I am trying the new board software with no limit....we'll see how it works
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net