Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgeport 2nd Alarm 350 Hanover St. four dwellings 02/27/15
Bridgeport, CT - Shortly before one o'clock a box was transmitted for a structure fire at 350 Hanover St. Companies arrived to find they had already lost the fight when they had two, three story, wood frames going throughout, with two more also exposed. Companies could not enter the street due to conditions from previous snow storms, multiple wires down and radiant heat. Multiple hand lines were stretched and operated as well as multi-versals and one tower ladder. It took companies about an hour and a half to bring the fire under control. Twelve families were displaced. No one was hurt.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Companies could not get down the street due to numerous wires down and narrow street conditions.

Attached Files Image(s)

Only hand lines and multiversals could be used to knock down the heavy fire.  

Fisheye lens used to hear

Truck Five was able to come in from the next block and find a business parking lot to set up tower ladder operations to the rear of the structures.

Aftermath shot.  A total of four houses involved two burnt to the foundation and two heavily damaged.

Nice work Glenn!
How on earth was this only a 2 Alarm fire?!?

FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
I don't know I wasn't the IC.  The area is an older area of the city with tight streets, made worse by the snow and poor plowing, much like Boston this year. Trucks could not get into the block because of the multiple wires down and incredible radiant heat.  So it was all well placed hand lines and multi versals.  Companies got water quickly as well.  We tend to do a lot with minimal companies.  Our own worse enemies I guess.

Fantastic Work. Great shots. I like the use of a Fisheye lens. I'll have to get one for my camera someday. 

Thanks for sharing.

Great shots!

Bridgeport and Detroit are very similar when it comes to fire-fighting.  Hit it hard and be aggressive.  Any other city, this would have been a 4-alarmer

Very similar in more ways than one.  They look similar, are broke, the list goes on.  You hit the nail on the head.  Just a smaller scale.