Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorola Minitor 6 software install help
I am in need of some help.....I am having issues installing the software from Motorola's web site for the minitor 6. I was able to install the software for the minitor 5 on my laptop, as well as install the minitor 6 software on my wife's laptop, which both run off the same OS.....She has a Sony Vio and Mine is an HP....But again, we both have Windows 7 home addition, 64 bit, service pack 1, but for some reason,it's my laptop that is a fluke...I have all my updates up to date...I am sure it is just something that s very simple...I am thinking this because I spent over an hour on the phone with Motorola's Tech Support directly and we couldn't get it figured out.....and have been trying this and that since last night, so that is probably my clue that it is something very, VERY simple, and I am just not coming up with the right solution.....I mean, if it can work on one laptop with the same exact OS and not work on another.....I guess crappy luck, lol....anyways, my antivirus is outdated, so that isn't an issue. I am running as an admin, so that isn't the issue....I have right-clicked on the extracted icon, went to the properties and tried making it compatible with every OS listed in the dropdown, and still nothing.....Basically, I am able to download and extract all the files, and when I double click to install, it brings up the install wizard and the green status bar will set there for about 20 seconds, thinking, and then when the green bar starts to install, it will get about a tenth of the way and then the feature transfer error window pops up ....here is what the error window says....

Feature transfer error

Feature-Minitor VI PPS

Component- Files

File- <PROGRAMFILES64>\

Error- the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

I just don't know what to do now....I just can't see why it can work fine on the wife's laptop but not mine....so if anyone out there has any ideas, please feel free to PM me here or email me directly at firemedic78@msn.com. I posted this on the radioreference web site too....But if anyone out there can lend some advise, I am getting VERY frustrated, so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Chris