Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I may have bit off a little more than I can chew...
Hey guys,

This is my first time posting in this section so bare with me...

A fellow Fire Fighter and I were out and about in East Texas visiting departments and photographing some apparatus. We got in contact with the Fire Chief of the Gallatin Texas Volunteer Fire Department that stated he had an old Mack pumper on his property and we were welcome to come visit and take a look. Of course we accepted. Upon arrival we got to talking about the old Mack and the Fire Chief stated that a deal was made with a collector in the Houston area for the truck, but he as never followed through with the deal and never picked truck, so its sat for a few years. My friend and I expressed an interest in the truck and then shortly after that the Fire Chief said that if we were willing to remove it from his property we could purchase the truck for 1 dollar. YES 1 dollar!!!. So now, I'm currently the owner of an old Mack Pumper with an unknown amount of problems. But it was so cheap that it was hard to pass up. The idea would be to work on it through out the years and eventually bring it back to its former glory. 

We were told that the old Mack CF was originally operated by the FDNY, and then was purchased by a department in Pennsylvania, and then purchased by Gallatin Texas VFD. I'm not sure how true the FDNY part is, but it would be rather cool if it was. I tried to find a list or something online that tells about the Mack CF's in use with the FDNY but I was unable to. I was hoping that someone on here could shine some light on this trucks past. I'd really like to find an old picture of this trucks former life. So if anyone could help me with my search that would be fantastic! 

Also, if anyone has any tips or tricks or suggestions with this truck as well, please let me know!

Thanks for looking. 

Vehicle # - CF611F-1465

[Image: IMG_2490-X2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2488-X2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2491-X2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2492-X2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2494-X2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2493-X2.jpg]

Your 1971 Mack CF 1000
GPM
pumper, FDNY MP7136 was first assigned as Engine Company 152 in Staten Island and carried a 400 gallon tank. 

Mike Martinelli, aka FDNYTRUCKS.com
may be able to supply a photo.

That is an awesome find. Even if you can't or don't want to restore it, it has value as a parts truck for others.

If this is the one I believe it is, and I'm sure Mike can confirm. It served Bell Twp VFD in Westmoreland County, Pa and then later served McEwensville VFD in Northumberland County, PA. McEwensville was closed down a number of years ago and the engine was sold off.
Quote:Your 1971 Mack CF 1000
GPM
pumper, FDNY MP7136 was first assigned as Engine Company 152 in Staten Island and carried a 400 gallon tank. 

Mike Martinelli, aka FDNYTRUCKS.com
may be able to supply a photo.

Thank you for sharing this information! I'm really glad to know a-little more about this truck. Hopefully we can come up with a photo soon!

Quote:That is an awesome find. Even if you can't or don't want to restore it, it has value as a parts truck for others.

Yeah, the hope would be to restore it over the years. But I have no idea right now what kind of problems it has. I just hope it doesn't become a problem and stays a hobby, if that makes sense. 

Quote:If this is the one I believe it is, and I'm sure Mike can confirm. It served Bell Twp VFD in Westmoreland County, Pa and then later served McEwensville VFD in Northumberland County, PA. McEwensville was closed down a number of years ago and the engine was sold off.

Thank you for your information! 
Mike with FDNYTrucks.com was able to provide me with these photo's when the truck was in service with New York.

Also, sent an email to Mack and they got me in touch with the Mack Museum who is going to provide me with paper work and everything they have on this truck for free. Super Nice guys. 

[Image: 1-L.jpg]

[Image: 2-L.jpg]

Why did you decide not to get it? I was talking to the Chief today and he said she is still sitting there. I heard she has brake issues and some electrical issues.
My Buddy of mine, that we were going to work on this project together, backed out on me and I have no place for it, seeing we were going to use his shop. Soooo, There she sits. Maybe it will change some day. As of right now, its on hold.