Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
map program
What is a good map program that I can get for a tablet? I want to map as many fire stations in Minnesota as I can in this program as well as add a little information as far as what apparatus are inside and notes like that if I can. Any help is appreciated thanks
The best one I have found so far is google maps. Just make an account and you can access it from wherever whenever.

I use Google maps.... I have quite a few maps done for numerous areas in Florida, Georgia and NC...

Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
Thanks guys I have about 850 stations for Minnesota mapped via Google maps. Also just bought a tablet for fire buffing. I can take it on the road with me and have my maps contacts and all information right there.
I use Google Maps all the time, especially here in Las Vegas. It is the best that I know of.

Dave
Avenza is becoming very popular for wildland fires. It is an app so will work on a tablet. It is also relatively easy to modify, it is actually starting to replace dedicated GPS units in the field for many functions. There is a limited free version and a more capable pay version.

http://www.avenza.com/avenza-maps
Aaron Woods
Thanks Aaron I am checking that app out.

Dave