Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deceptive Site Ahead
I got this error this afternoon trying to access the site

Quote:I got this error this afternoon trying to access the site

Hmmm the pic didn't come across ...

Deceptive site ahead
Attackers on www.firepics.net may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). <a>Learn more</a>

<div> 
</div>

<div>
Automatically send some <a>system information and page content</a> to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites. <a>Privacy policy</a>

</div>
Same here

I got the same thing and about an hour later I tried again, it didn't reappear.

I got the same thing last night and then again today. It is still there the only work around was using Google Chrome today. 

Dave
It comes up and blocks entry in Chrome and Firefox but not in Explorer.

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
thanks I will use explorer on my other computer
Dave
I am in the process of addressing it with Google.  Apparently google doesn't like the fact that the pages with photos on them are blocked from indexing.  This was a decision made when the site was first launched to protect photographers' images from being stolen and appearing in an image search.  

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
On Chrome if you click on DETAILS at the bottom left of the screen there's a hyperlink that will allow you to access the site from there. I thought it was odd when it started a few days ago, but I've had no difficulty accessing the site.

FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
I have been having the same issues and have been unable to access the site using Chrome, Internet explorer or Opera. I had to disable the web shield portion of my virus protection in order to be able to access the site again. Any update on this Ed? Skip.. I don't see a "details" tab on the bottom left of the Google screen. Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated as I prefer not to have to keep part of my virus protection disabled. Thanks!

Scott

Quote:I have been having the same issues and have been unable to access the site using Chrome, Internet explorer or Opera. I had to disable the web shield portion of my virus protection in order to be able to access the site again. Any update on this Ed? Skip.. I don't see a "details" tab on the bottom left of the Google screen. Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated as I prefer not to have to keep part of my virus protection disabled. Thanks!

Scott

I have had to do the same to enter the site.
Dave
Same here

Although I have found no issues with it on my phone
Dave
The Chrome at work won't allow me to bypass the safety warning.

Has anyone looked into this any more? I still get it with Chrome.
No problem with chrome on my iPad. If I use a Pc I have issues with the site.
Still fighting with them....

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Looks like this problem with Google has been resolved.  The obnoxious message is no longer displayed.  

Thank you Ed.

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
It appears that some old ads that weren't displaying were causing the problem.  They are still unhappy that I will not allow them to webcrawl the pages with photos, but they appear to have come to their senses.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net