2 New Aerialscopes For Southwestern CT

Stamford, CT New Truck 1
2015 Seagrave Marauder/Aerialscope II 95'
Sold by Hudson Valley Fire Equipment

[Image: STL1.jpg]

Stratford, CT New Truck 1
2015 Seagrave Marauder/Aerialscope II 95'
Sold by Hudson Valley Fire Equipment

Thanks to all involved in helping me get the photos! Don't forget to check out my photo site at x635Photos.com for more of my photos.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
From what I have been told Seagrave is on pace to sell the most 95' scopes in the history of the product that are not a part of a FDNY order. 

Very nice rigs.
Quote:From what I have been told Seagrave is on pace to sell the most 95' scopes in the history of the product that are not a part of a FDNY order. 

This makes me wonder what their total number of rigs will be this year? Seems they're back on the upswing of things, with no major group orders besides your guys'. They'll have delivered 2 additional Apollo IIs this year, with Bridgeton's being returned due to several issues (it's been replaced with an Arrow XT). As I said, overall, it seems they're going to have bigger numbers this year, than the previous few, which is great for them!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Their sales overall have gone up quite a bit and no one knows of one main reason why. Some say with the loss of the majority of FDNY units attracted some back, some think that many couldn't afford them during the economy down turn and bought less expensive rigs which didn't hold up, others doing the opposite and buying them to extend replacement cycles, and some just want "dumb and durable" rigs with little to none propitiatory parts to get rigs fixed and back on the road. Aggressiveness in their dealers helps too.

We wanted them for years but this never worked out until now. The pumpers were a tag on to the Tower but got through the processes quicker. I am aware that the majority of the new scope customers appear to have the same thing in common, they are quite tried of all of the CPU systems running the aerial which the scope isn't as complex so no more "com loss" warnings on the pretty screen. of course all things are debatable   

Seagrave lost their Indiana dealership, Hoosier Fire, supposedly inciting low sales, and hard to sell products (I assume this, due to price, because Indiana departments ALL seem to have the same tight budgets somehow, and Pierce and Ferrara have made a sweep the last couple of years). While the debate of high cost/high durability vs. you can buy a Seagrave for under $400,000 may last a lifetime, I only know what I've been told. So with dropping Seagrave, they picked up Smeal (quite the opposite end of business, if you ask me) and Carmel Fire Department, which is North of Indianapolis, has supposedly went the Smeal route, after purchasing 2 Marauder II Engines and a Marauder II tiller, because there are no longer any Indiana service centers.

Personally, I feel if you can afford them, you won't regret the purchase of a Seagrave, and while they've became increasingly popular in Central Indiana over the last few years, we're still a far cry from having a significant amount of them here.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.