Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy Rescue Equipment
I am reaching out here to see if you guys can help me out. I am in search of inventory list for Heavy Rescue Squads around the country. We are currently spec'ing a new one and we want to see what all other people carry on theirs. Ours will be a Heavy Rescue and Special Ops unit. We handle all special ops calls as well as fire and rescue so I want to compile a list from all over the Country. Anyone that can help I would really appreciate it.

A couple of the ones I am trying to find our

Orlando

Seattle

Denver

LA

Boston

Baltimore

FDNY

St Louis

And anywhere else.

Thanks 

Good morning Sir... Figured by now someone would have posted, since not yet I will ask.. Is this your dept's first Heavy Rescue. have you utilized some other type of apparatus to carry perform special services tasks.. A list would be nice to see what other dept's carry, but a lot of those are large city depts. and may carry more equipment than what a smaller community may need, look at size of vehicle your specing  and determine what your needs in equipment may be for what actions you perform most.. Whether you have a heavy fire response, Vehicle extrications, Tech rescue ( confined space,rope rescue, haz Mat etc ) and do other dept's nearby offer some of these already and could you utilize there services while your dept focuses on another aspect of special services to offer to other dept's.. Good Luck with your new apparatus

Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
Jim,

This is a replacement for our current Heavy Rescue it was originally purchased as a Hazmat Unit and was changed into a Squad that supports all aspects of Special Ops. We are a very large county department and I am just trying to gage what we carry which is a lot of stuff and what others carry. It was something I was asked to look in to and I figured here would be a good place to ask the question. I have been in touch with many large city/county fire departments across the country but I wanted to see what you all could offer also. 

Thanks 

Very cool, was hoping others would have jumped in here with photos and info from those areas.. Wish I could offer more with info on what to carry, however I am no longer with DeKalb Co and not sure what all is carried on Heavy Rescue 24 anymore, but we did run separate Haz Mat units and the Heavy focused on Tech Rescue... A lot of what you carry will depend on weight limits also whether single or tandem axle for larger weight limits.. walk in vs walk around.. Here in DeKalb they recently put into service a new unit and went with a walk in tandem axle unit. Look forward to seeing what you dept goes with.

Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer