Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOMELESS IN LAS VEGAS, NV WITH A FOUR LEGGED FAMILY MEMBER
I have been a member, under a different user name, for many years. Since 2010 my life has been very stable, especially now that I with a different lady. Before that from 2004 till 2008 I ended up homeless for a while. Part of the time in Nebraska and part of the time in Nevada.

When I am out taking photos I spend part of the day seeking out the homeless and taking photos of them. Today I was really lucky. As I was taking Street Photos of tourists in Las Vegas I shot these photos.

Since they had a Rat Terrier, and I am owned by my Rat Terrier Moejoe, I took the time to talk with this couple. The dog shown in this picture is one that they rescued from being abandoned in a vacant lot full of broken glass. The dog was a puppy at the time and it's collar was caught between a chain link fence and the ground.  The guy jumped the fence and rescue the little guy. Now this is something that all of would do, i know I would.

Now I know that this is not fire related but I thought it would be a heart warming story to go into Thanksgiving Week. It makes me realize that even though I am always worn out by the end of my work week I am so happy and thankful for what I have.

HERE ARE TWO OF THE SERIES THAT I SHOT. I AM NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED BUT I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD SO THAT THEY ARE THERE. SORRY ABOUT THAT GUYS.

[Image: IMG_1352-X2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1353a-X2.jpg]
Dave
Thank you! And Happy Thanksgiving!

FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
I would love to see the pics you posted; unfortunately, they're showing as broken links now (9/18/2016.) Would you be able to repost them, pls?

Thanks, and I'm glad to hear things are stable for you!

Doug

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hey bud I am at work right now when I get off today I will get the photos back up.
Dave