Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Las Vegas, 2nd Alarm Laundry Facility, 16-DEC-2015 5:22 AM
This morning as I was just starting to move around the City of Las Vegas got paged out for a fire in the area of 13th Street and Fremont St. This portion of Las Vegas gets a lot of "Structure Fires" that turn out to be nothing more than outside fires or small trash fires so I did not really pay attention to it. I heard next that the address had been changed to 13th Street and Carson. Again this is nothing unusual for this area so I headed outside for a smoke with my cup of coffee.

When I came inside they were toning out the Second Alarm and I hit the road. At one point and time they had fire through the roof as a portion of the roof collapsed, But by the time I got there they had called a knockdown on the fire.

This is the scene as I was walking up to the fire. Now I was facing east so I discarded a lot of photos. And also this is the first time I shot photos of a fire with my new camera. I recently bought a Canon EOS Rebel T5. And this is the first time I did a lot of low light shots with it.

[Image: IMG_2123-XL.jpg]

Dave
Air Resource 1 and Battalion 1 (this photo was shot with my cell phone)

[Image: 20151216_062726-XL.jpg]

Dave
Truck 1 and Engine 8, I process 99 percent of my photos into black and white anymore. To me they look more dramatic in that mode

[Image: IMG_2127BW-XL.jpg]

Dave
The City of Las Vegas PIO getting ready to brief the press and those of us who came out to shoot the fire.

[Image: IMG_2130-XL.jpg]

Dave
Crews waiting to go back in to finish the overhaul. They were waiting for the Investigators to finish up before they did much more

[Image: IMG_2132-X2.jpg]

Dave
packing up Engine 1.

You can see the rest of the photos from the fire at my Smugmug page..  https://dw-butcher-photography.smugmug.c...13TH-AND-/

[Image: IMG_2173-X2.jpg]

Dave
Nice shots.

Thanks for sharing 

Quote:Nice shots.

Thanks for sharing 
Thank you.
Dave