Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brindlee Mountain Fire
In addition to selling used fire apparatus, Brindlee Mountain, near Huntsville, AL., also staffs multiple fire & EMS units in their area. Does anyone have pictures of their in service vehicles?

Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
Actually, they only staff one apparatus each day, but that apparatus gets changed out quite frequently.  I have photographed a few of them, but I seriously doubt that any of those are still in service.  Last I knew, BMFD had three stations.  Several members of the FD are BMFA employees.  Usually, one pumper is kept at BMFA during work hours and they respond directly from there. 

I will post what I have in the "This & That" thread.  Sorry it took so long for me to see this and respond.

No worries. Thank you for posting the photos you have.
Quote:Actually, they only staff one apparatus each day, but that apparatus gets changed out quite frequently.  I have photographed a few of them, but I seriously doubt that any of those are still in service.  Last I knew, BMFD had three stations.  Several members of the FD are BMFA employees.  Usually, one pumper is kept at BMFA during work hours and they respond directly from there. 

I will post what I have in the "This & That" thread.  Sorry it took so long for me to see this and respond.
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
You are most welcome!  I haven't been over there in a few years.  It takes me about 3 1/2 hours each way, so I don't go on a regular basis.

My wife's family is from nearby, so I always run out to Brindlee Mountain when we're in town.  If I can find the photos from the last trip, I'll put them up.  I'm ashamed to say I don't know what I did with them.  I also had family with me on the last visit, and they clearly weren't as interested in the stuff out there as I was so I probably didn't take as many shots as I would have preferred.

Brindlee Mountain Fire does have a brand new fire station (less than two years old easily), which I also snapped photos of.  Seems they have a rather new tanker as well.  The storm shelter they installed behind the new station is rather impressive too.

The owner of BMFA also owns a local private ambulance provider, Samaritan.  The BMFA site used to be full of their units but it looks like they have a new location watching the video in the link.  It sounds like much of his growth is due to other operations failing and he stepped in because it was the "right thing to do." 

http://whnt.com/2013/08/26/samaritan-amb...-mountain/

I've sold three apparatus via BMFA and they're truly good people.  I know he's making money, but I genuinely feel the company is motivated to serve the greater good before all else.

More info here:  https://www.bmfallc.com/BrindleeHistory