Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KME Question
So has anyone received a new KME apparatus since they were moved to Louisiana? I know a couple who have had trucks on order for a long time and still no truck. One said the dealer will not even take their calls... 
Their website has not really announced any new deliveries.

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
KME and Ferrara are basically interchangeable now. 

REV will probably kill off the name at some point, much like they've done with Smeal. They've already done away with the Predator and Panther chassis, replacing them with a Spartan Gladiator/Metrostar with a different grill that they now call by those names. 

Chassis | KME (kmefire.com)
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I've seen several E Ones on Spartan chassis as well. Unfortunately I think that's the way things are going to go with so many manufactures now under the REV umbrella.
I recently photographed a KME pumper in Central, SC that was assembled at the Smeal factory in Nebraska!  I have yet to find a KME built in Louisiana.
(10-29-2023, 12:05 PM)GA_Dave Wrote: I recently photographed a KME pumper in Central, SC that was assembled at the Smeal factory in Nebraska!  I have yet to find a KME built in Louisiana.

A neighboring department has one on order(about a year late) which I think is being built in La as I have heard they have seen it down there for final inspection but still not at their station

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787