Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Deletion
I have recently received a request from a member to delete all of their content on the site.  The member has not been around very long, but they did start several threads and if you have replied to any thread they started, your posts in that thread, as well as any likes received, will be deleted.

I am only posting this in an effort to avoid the "Why did you delete my post?" messages that I get flooded with whenever this happens.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes edburke's post:
  • chief60
Weird request, but thanks for the heads up.
(12-14-2021, 06:52 PM)chief60 Wrote: Weird request, but thanks for the heads up.

Like I said, it was a relatively new member.  They were extremely disappointed with the lack of interaction that their posts were getting and voiced their unhappiness when the "thread views" function was broken.  Even after I spent an entire weekend to get functions working again, I never got anything positive from them.  I received an email asking to delete their account and all photos/posts because they "were done with Firepics."  Even after informing them that would also entail the removal of any photos/posts from threads that they started made by others, they did not care.

The account deletion was completed yesterday and that user's IP addresss banned.  You can't make everyone happy all of the time.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[-] The following 2 users Like edburke's post:
  • Monrovia1, thom2943