Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami-Dade new Sutphens
Miami-Dade will receive (6) new 75' single rear axle Sutphen tower ladders april/may of this year. The first one was on display recently at the Florida Fire Chiefs show in Daytona Bch.

last month it was painted white over red but will be repainted the Silver over lime green colors of Miami-Dade Fire before delivery late this month or early next month. 

Wow! I am REALLY glad to hear this! I've still yet to see where the SPH100 was assigned.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I believe it went to station 26 as Platform 26
Quote:I believe it went to station 26 as Platform 26

That's a SPH100
Quote:Miami-Dade will receive (6) new 75' single rear axle Sutphen tower ladders april/may of this year. The first one was on display recently at the Florida Fire Chiefs show in Daytona Bch.

last month it was painted white over red but will be repainted the Silver over lime green colors of Miami-Dade Fire before delivery late this month or early next month. 
Are you sure they were 75' ladders or were they 70' platforms. I know there was a SP70 sold at the show.
Just FYI, the truck at the show that Miami-Dade has signed a purchase agreement on was HS-5730, DEMO 419 Sutphen SP-70.

Sorry I meant 70' mini tower's six in total, and yes the first 100' Tower went to 26's may also be another 100' tower on order with Sutphen.

Who did Miami-Dade use for Tower Ladders previously? Are these configurations a new thing for them?

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Who did Miami-Dade use for Tower Ladders previously? Are these configurations a new thing for them?

I know they have 1 Pierce Velocity Midmount Tower, seems that most of these will be replacing ALF and Rosenbauer 75' ladders. The Sutphen, being as that it went to Ladder 26 I guess, replaced one of the Spartan/Rosenbauer 75' straight ladders, so that's a huge shift in direction for them. To answer your second question, I'd venture to say yes, being as that all of them are 75' rear mount sticks being replaced with 70' midmount platforms.

Trav!
I remember them having several Simon Duplex LTI rear mount towers back in the late 1990's

Quote: 

I know they have 1 Pierce Velocity Midmount Tower, seems that most of these will be replacing ALF and Rosenbauer 75' ladders. The Sutphen, being as that it went to Ladder 26 I guess, replaced one of the Spartan/Rosenbauer 75' straight ladders, so that's a huge shift in direction for them. To answer your second question, I'd venture to say yes, being as that all of them are 75' rear mount sticks being replaced with 70' midmount platforms.

Trav!
I think most of their Rosenbauer aerials are 60' (why in the world?). Think they have a Pierce stick too.
Miami Dade has traditionally only run 2 Towers and then a mixture of the short ladders through the years... even tele squrt in years previous.. they run a mixture of Quints and standard engines across there roster..

Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
Quote:Miami Dade has traditionally only run 2 Towers and then a mixture of the short ladders through the years... even tele squrt in years previous.. they run a mixture of Quints and standard engines across there roster..
Doesn't make sense to me, especially considering ISO rating
Thanks guys. Anyone have a photo of the demo they purchased at Fire-Recue East?

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Yeah, but I don't know how to upload it

Quote:Yeah, but I don't know how to upload it

You can't in this thread unless you have a direct link, if it's just the photo, it has to be uploaded in the main photo thread.

Trav!
I seem to recall the 60 foot ladders were purchased primarily to be used as elevated master streams.  I think these were the first rigs that RK (Rosenbauer) configured to allow the nozzles to go above "horizontal" like the telesqurts did.  At least this is the line we got when I was selling Rosenbauer at the time.