Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board issues
Yes, I am aware of the code issues appearing at the top of the board.  Yes, I am working on fixing it, however, I may not be able to fully address it until the weekend.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Thanks for the update.
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Issues should be fixed, please let me know if they still persist for you.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Still having an issue when I post pics. The usual "browse" button is gone, replaced by a wide blank rectangle border across the page. If you click on that rectangle, the upload window appears as normal, but nothing will upload once a selection is made. What I have been doing is posting my text, then using the "full edit" option, a message appears in the rectangle that allows me to upload a pic. The old way with the browse button was much easier.
(06-29-2021, 11:16 AM)GA_Dave Wrote: Still having an issue when I post pics.  The usual "browse" button is gone, replaced by a wide blank rectangle border across the page.  If you click on that rectangle, the upload window appears as normal, but nothing will upload once a selection is made.  What I have been doing is posting my text, then using the "full edit" option, a message appears in the rectangle that allows me to upload a pic.  The old way with the browse button was much easier.

I couldn't replicate the problem....until I got a new computer.  I see what you mean now.  I have added a plugin that allows for both drag and drop and choosing a file by clicking on the upload area.  It also shows a thumbnail.  Hopefully this will be better for you.

Now to figure out the thread counter issue.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Hi Ed,
please also think of my request. Still my last two treats ("Indian Reservations", "Aerial Rescue Vehicles") show "0 views"??? Perhaps you will find the mistake?
Thank you for your engagement with "Firepics"!

Wolfgang (Firewolf)
(08-02-2021, 06:11 PM)edburke Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 11:16 AM)GA_Dave Wrote: Still having an issue when I post pics.  The usual "browse" button is gone, replaced by a wide blank rectangle border across the page.  If you click on that rectangle, the upload window appears as normal, but nothing will upload once a selection is made.  What I have been doing is posting my text, then using the "full edit" option, a message appears in the rectangle that allows me to upload a pic.  The old way with the browse button was much easier.

I couldn't replicate the problem....until I got a new computer.  I see what you mean now.  I have added a plugin that allows for both drag and drop and choosing a file by clicking on the upload area.  It also shows a thumbnail.  Hopefully this will be better for you.

(08-03-2021, 03:13 AM)Firewolf Wrote: Hi Ed,
please also think of my request. Still my last two treats ("Indian Reservations", "Aerial Rescue Vehicles") show "0 views"??? Perhaps you will find the mistake?

Wolfgang (Firewolf)

You must have missed the part where I said "Now to figure out the thread counter issue."  I'm trying to find the source of the issue, but it's being very elusive.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(08-03-2021, 10:05 AM)edburke Wrote:

Wolfgang (Firewolf)

You must have missed the part where I said "Now to figure out the thread counter issue."  I'm trying to find the source of the issue, but it's being very elusive.
Also, the "like" button and count are gone.
(08-28-2021, 11:27 AM)GA_Dave Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 10:05 AM)edburke Wrote:

Wolfgang (Firewolf)

Also, the "like" button and count are gone.

Unfortunately, til the developer of the Like button updates their plugin, it is gone.  It was making the database throw all kinds of errors
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I think I've fixed the thread view issue, unfortunately, there's no way to know how many were missed.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(09-12-2021, 08:17 PM)edburke Wrote: I think I've fixed the thread view issue, unfortunately, there's no way to know how many were missed.

Thank you for your efforts.
Thank you for all you do and keep up the good work.
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
The "Like" button is back, unfortunately it required a full reinstall, so all previous likes have disappeared
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net