Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What lens do you use?
I currently use an 18-55 F4-5.6 kit lens, and a 55-250 F4-5.6 that I'm considering upgrading to a 70-200 F4 soon. what do you use?
Based on the lens, I'm guessing you shoot Canon.  Great line with great options.  I know a few who have the 70-200 and love it, I don't think it will be a mistake.

I just switched from Olympus to Sony.  I'm still experimenting, but I have a Sony 24-240 f3.5-6.3 which is the main lens that is always on the camera.  If you look at my recent Toms River post, you can see the results.  All of those shots were at a 44mm focal length in the zoom, aperture priority f/8.  I also have the 28-70 f3.5-5.6 kit lens that came with it and just got a Tamron 20mm f/2.8 for some wider shots and experimenting with astrophotography.  I can manipulate the settings to get three times the zoom out of the 24-240, but would like to add the Sony 200-600 f/5.6-6.3 when finances allow.

I have noticed that going from a 12MP APS-C sensor to a 24 MP full frame sensor allows for much better post processing manipulation to be able to crop images without losing clarity and the ability to go up to ISO 51200 (extended to 204800) with great clarity as compared to the Olympus' max of 6400 (very grainy) has made the maximum aperture of my lenses much less of an issue, which definately plays into shooting fire scenes at night.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net