Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ventura County CA new Rosenbauer Engines
Looks like Ventura County Fire is getting new Rosenbauer Engines. Thought they would have gone with KME as Ventura has bought them in the past.

https://www.facebook.com/venturacountyfi...=3&theater

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Well, ALF is gone, i dunno who they have orderwd from since??....i gotta say, that engine comes together pretty nice. Not everybody will agree but i think it looks pretty good. Very clean.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Ventura County seems to run exclusively ALF for many years with some BME, WestMark and a few Luverne and Pierce engines as well

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Roaenbauer is all thats left of the cycle! Haha but in all seriousness, i hope it works out for them. It will see se business no doubt.

Quote:Not everybody will agree but i think it looks pretty good.

That'd be me, I still haven't found even just 1 Commander that I like, and until the front end of them changes, I won't... but hey, I'm not buying them, so my opinion doesn't really matter!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I think they've grown on me alot. Theres like 6 of them in service locally where i live.

Ventura County to me seems to go against the grain which I like.  Besides being a University of Michigan fan yellow and blue apparatus are cool, since everyone else seems to want to be Chicago.

It also seems to me from 2,438 miles away (literally) they purchase what works for them and not what everyone else is purchasing.

Since two 2011 ALF Eagle pumpers they had not purchased any new pumper or ladder apparatus, in 2014 they evaluated just about everyone that would bring out a rig. 

They did take delivery of a new Medium Duty International 7400 / BME rescue which was a complete redesign for them in 2014 assigned as Rescue 23.  There was also a tractor drawn Haz-Mat rig

known as Haz-Mat 50 and based at station #50 in Camarillo.

They awarded a bid for two pumpers to Rosenbauer on February 6 of 2014, somehow it morphed into a 6 truck order.  (I used the term somehow as I could not find any indication in city documents

that showed an approval of additional apparatus, but several times have seen it mentioned that 6 were purchased in other county materials.) 

Then on Jun 5, 2015 they awarded a bid for a Rosenbauer 100' TDA, (3) new Ford Expeditions for command staff and (2) new Suburban 4x4's for command staff.  Not sure for the reason of split

Ford/Chevy purchase other than possibly it has to do with the rear command stations in the Chevy's.

There was also a new bulldozer purchase mixed in there somewhere and a grant application in 2015 to replace the oldest dozer with a new one including tractor and trailer.  Not sure what happened

with this grant application or if it was awarded.

Stations 20, 27, 35 are all being replaced by new stations with 20 completion in Nov 2016 and the last two all in early 2017.  In addition they were trying to come up with 8 million to replace

the Thousand Oaks station #31 or #34 which was built in 1949, if they get this cash it will likely be moved to better position it for response times.

Well I think that's all I have on Ventura, now ask me what my hometown fire department is doing and I'm lost. 

Kris