Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RIP Firepics Yahoo Group
I know that the Firepics Yahoo Group hasn't been active in years, but prior to this board coming into existence it saw several thousand posts per month.  Yahoo was the successor to eGroups wgere Firepics was initially founded.  A lot of good people, great discussions and, of course, awesome photos were shared before this site was even a thought.  

Yahoo will be permanently shutting down the Groups on December 15, 2020.  They have already deleted the archives, but the memory will go on and I figured recognition of this ending was appropriate.

Rest in Peace Firepics Yahoo Group, we've got it from here.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
How times have changed. Those groups were revolutionary and awesome during their prime.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Actually, Firepics went back farther than that.  It was originally part of Onelist, which was eventually taken over by Egroups.  When I joined up, there were about 75 members posting less than 20 messages per month.  Jay Kormann sent me a link minutes after he joined up.  Jay was a major recruiter in those early times and, in short order, it had grown to a couple hundred members and hundreds of messages each month.  The rest is history, but I am happy to have been there all these years.  I have made many great friends here and even more great contacts for my travels.  I am indebted to all of you for all the enjoyment this site has brought me!