Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit-Car Fire-Livernois & Wagner-7/5/20
This one rewuires a little bit of background/explanation.  I had noticed on the night of the 3rd into the 4th that a large impromtu car show/get together was happening on Livernois Ave around 3 AM.  I was coming down Livernois on the 4th into the 5th and noticed traffic as I approached Tireman Ave.  I bypassed the area as traffic was pretty much at a standstill.  I worked my way over and evaentually took Martin (which has a spectacular 2 dwelling fire on Devil's Night 2008 that I shot) to McGraw, back out to Livernois.  As I was sitting at the red light waiting to turn onto Livernois, Engine 34 was stilled out to a car fire at Livernois and Wagner.  I went to plug it into the GPS but noticed that Wagner was 2 blocks to my left.

It took Engine 34 quite a while to get to the scene due to the large gathering of people and cars.  The video at the end of the photos gives a pretty god idea of the environment.  This was at the end/beginning of the gathering depending on which way you were travelling.  I would estimate that there were at least 5000 people involved.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
#4.....keep an eye on the guy in white

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
#6....I've ben to a lot of fires, but I was amazed at the balls on this guy.  If you watch the video, you can see that he was pretty much up Engine 34's butt taking photos.  I would never get that close

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
GoPro Videos

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I forgot to mention that shortly after I left, Engine 34 requested PD to the scene for traffic and safety. When they cleared, they deemed the fire suspicious as there were no license plates and they could not locate a VIN.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net